FOX TVE help

For me it's like it doesn't even try to get Fox, it doesn't even show up and I can't find a way to force it to try.

1. Disable TVE locals (Settings > Experimental > Local Networks via TV Everywhere)
  2. Restart the DVR server
  3. Access your DVR over a HTTPS connection
  4. Re-enable Local Networks via TV Everywhere
1 Like

Wow, that worked perfectly, I now have Fox!!! Thank you!!!

1 Like

How do I set up my server to get this secure connection? I can't find any direct information on how to do it. All can find is just how to connect when away from home.

HTTPS://my.channelsDVR.net

Well, every time I try to connect using my.channelsDVR.net I just get the menu at the top of the screen and the rotating circle, showing that it is trying to connect, but never does. So now what?

And yes, I have connected to my server from remote locations before and it has worked fine.

Some routers struggle with loop back.. if you use your phone or another device with internet access that is not on your home network, does it load?

As stated, your router is not handling the NAT loopback scenario. If your router has a setting for "NAT loopback" or "NAT hairpinning", then you'll want to enable that. A different solution is a split-horizon DNS. If that doesn't make sense, then there is still another option.

Just access your DVR via its IP address. Something like: https://192.168.1.52:8089. (Yes, I just made that up. Use your actual local IP address.) You will likely get a screen/warning about a certificate mismatch; that's expected. Just accept the warning and continue on to the page.

1 Like

Well, I did everything this forum advised to do... I turned off the TVE function in the settings. Then went and logged in to FOX/Live, PBS and tried to logon to CBS but they wouldn't recognize the YouTube TV login. Then accessed my server securely through my iPhone and Verizon and turned back on the TVE function in the settings. I then re-scanned all the channels and I wound up with 8 less channels than I had before, and still no FOX, CBS or PBS channels. Luckily I still have NBC and ABC, they still work. When I originally set up TVE it was easy and everything worked perfectly the first try. So something has changed....

Can you elaborate on this? If you can’t watch on their sites via a web browser it won’t work in Channels either.

The funny thing is they supported it a couple months ago. But FOX and PBS won't connect with TVE either, when they did before. Looking at my log file I think maybe that is a Google login issue.

Some other people have reported losing access to their local channels recently as well, with the exact same screen. Unfortunately if it’s not available via their website Channels also will not be able to access it. :confused:

I can connect to FOX and PBS through their websites just fine, I just can't get TVE to connect to them. But as I said, I think it might be a Google login issue. I have been getting warnings from Google lately about them blocking access to login attempts. So I might have to delete my Google "Family Member" and reset it again. That has solved issues in the past. Plus I can delete YouTube TV from ChannelsDVR and set it up fresh again. I just got to find the time to do it, I've been busy.

1 Like

Recently my local FOX station in Dallas has disappeared from the list of tve channels under my Spectrum source. I have tried rescanning for new channels and I also updated to the latest dvr pre-release version but no luck. I can login to the fox live website with my spectrum account and view the live local stream with no problem. Any suggestions?

Same here and still no result unfortunately

Same issue with Verizon Fios as provider, lost FOX recently.

Here is what worked for me...

1. Disable TVE locals (Settings > Experimental > Local Networks via TV Everywhere)
  2. Update to the latest DRV pre-release version and Restart the DVR server
  3. Access your DVR over a HTTPS connection (Not sure if this was necessary but in my case I setup the remote dvr option and port forwarding in my router and then accessed the dvr settings using the https://my.channelsdvr.net url)
  4. Re-enable Local Networks via TV Everywhere
    After the scanning was finished then the Fox TVE channel showed up again.
2 Likes

The HTTPS connection is usually necessary, as most browsers don't permit location services to work over standard HTTP connection; the location services in the browser are necessary to geolocate you to determine the proper local affiliate.

1 Like

sawwweeeeet thanks Greg!