Frndly TV for Channels

The "git clone" command is a shell command so it needs to be run in the normal terminal, not in the Python session.

1 Like

I'll give that a whirl.

@mjitkop

I'm not getting it here! I tried in cmd as administrator and still nothing. I guess I'm not understanding "normal terminal" which I took as the Windows cmd window.

1 Like

I will go through the steps myself too and capture everything in details. Stay tuned for detailed step-by-step instructions to install Frndly TV for Channels without using Docker.

THANK YOU

@RyzenBeast here you go, I hope this will make the whole process much easier:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Frndly TV with Python on Windows without Docker: the easy way

just ping me when its live and with the correct gracenote id :slight_smile:

1 Like
{
        "type": "Digital Broadcast Network",
        "name": "MeTV Toons",
        "callSign": "METOONS",
        "stationId": "159817",
        "bcastLangs": [
            "en"
        ],
        "preferredImage": {
            "uri": "https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/s159817_ll_h15_aa.png?w=360&h=270",
            "height": "270",
            "width": "360",
            "primary": "true",
            "category": "Logo",
            "text": "",
            "tier": ""
        },
        "videoQuality": {
            "signalType": "Digital",
            "videoType": "HDTV",
            "truResolution": "HD 720p"
        }
    }

@matthuisman wants real pings, so obliging :slight_smile:

@matthuisman

not sure where/how/if this plays into anything, but timezone being hardcoded into the auth header... but could possibly cause some gremlins for non-Kiwis?

1 Like

is the toons live now?

RabbitEars.Info

is the toons channel live on Frndly TV now?

I don't see it in the Frndly TV guide at this time.
Officially, it is supposed to start on June 25th.

thanks. not sure what im being pinged for :thinking:?

1 Like

Sorry. My fault there. I saw guide data and thought it was from frndly. Apologies!

no worries :slight_smile: i need frndly to add it so i can think get the channel id / slug and link the gracenote to that.

By default, without a gracenote you should still get the data that frndly gives but its pretty light in information. So if there is a gracenote that maches - its better to use that

if i were to estimate, they will fire up the link a couple of days befor official launch.
They need to test the link and so on.
I'm sure the digital automation is already broadcasting the stream or at least testing.

1 Like

I am already seeing this OTA…they are playing a promo video loop right now….

1 Like