Frndly TV for Channels

Thanks. The weekend got busy for me so I didn't get a chance to check this. :frowning_face:
I'll take a look during the week. :slight_smile:

I compared the listings using stationId 127279 vs guide data we're getting using curl and jq,
stationId 127279 is correct, but is 5 hrs ahead of both the guide data we are getting and the frndlyTV website schedule. I did verify what was actually playing.

So don't think it will help unless Channels DVR can apply an offset to it, or we can convince Gracenote to create a new stationId. Reminds me of Fox Weather.

Indeed, I see the 5 hours offset in the guide.

I tried to change the mapping manually with 2 other EPG sources but they didn't match at all, not even if you applied an offset.

The closest one is stationId 127279 as you found out, @chDVRuser.

1 Like

Only way to use it is pad every recording to start and end 5 hours early.

Thanks for the info, @rpaulmerrell. :slight_smile:
I do have Samsung TV+ in Channels.

The three new channels added today New Frndly TV channels - Feb. 2023 are also without Gracenote stationId's and appear in the No EPG xmltv listings like Cowboy Way.

This is strange because they are included with the normal list for me.

I'm running the Python server directly on my Windows PC, not using Docker. Could this explain the different behavior?

I did end up moving Cowboy Way to the no EPG list since we couldn't find the right guide data for it.

I haven't looked at the EPG for these 3 channels yet.

I do believe that @matthuisman needs to hardcode the Gracenote ids into the frndlytv-for-channels docker container. So he needs to find out what Gracenote ids correspond to the new stations (if there is are any Gracenote ids that match what Frndly is showing).

Correct, but he relies on us to find the correct Gracenote stationId's to add to this https://i.mjh.nz/frndly_tv/app.json

"16": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "curiositystream"},
"38": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "dove_channel"},
"49": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "dove_kids"},
"50": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "dove_movies"},
"51": {"gracenote": null,"slug": ""},
"53": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "cowboy_way"},
"55": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "ion"},
"56": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "ion_mystery"},
"57": {"gracenote": null,"slug": "grit"}
1 Like

Need to fix the mapping:

I will see if I can fix the mapping manually and figure out the IDs.

No kidding. That's messed up!
I use the two source method

We have differences.

I found the right EPG data for these 3 channels. I compared with Frndly TV's EPG and they match now for me.

Edit: removed all my previous screenshots that made this post quite obnoxious. :laughing:
Everything has been confirmed now.

guys, please just advise the channel name and the correct gracenote id

If you use the 2x playlist method, you'll also get EPG for new channels but it'll just be limited.

Hi @matthuisman. I can't say that I am 100% sure but I think I have identified the following Gracenote IDs:

GRIT: 89922
ION: 18633
ION Mystery: 112568

Is there a way to check the EPG of a channel anywhere using the station ID?

1 Like

Create a custom M3U source something like this

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="Cowboy Way-127279" channel-number="9061" tvg-chno="9061" tvc-guide-stationid="127279" tvg-id="COWBOYW" tvg-name="Cowboy Way-127279",Cowboy Way-127279
http://192.168.1.3:8089/devices/ANY/channels/9050/stream.mpg?format=ts

I assigned it channel 9061 and when played/recorded it uses the one from frndlyTV (ch 9050 on mine)
Using this example with stream.mpg?format=ts it needs to be Stream Format MPEG-TS

1 Like

could you advise the channel ids for these new channels?

If you view the playlist generated from the frndly_tv container (http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u8?gracenote=exclude) find the channels in question and advise the channel-id

channel-id="frndly-55" ION
channel-id="frndly-56" ION Mystery
channel-id="frndly-57" Grit

thank you!
have now added. will start working next time the json file is generated (sometime in the next hour)

3 Likes