Frndly TV for Channels

Answered above:

I am still unable to remap CuriosityStream -> Curiosity Channel.
When I select it in the menu, the window closes, and then when I open it again to see if it got it, this is what I see:

It's like it selects two things even though I clicked on only one (Curiosity Channel).

This is in Chrome.

Thank you, @matthuisman. I have the 2 GAC channels now. :slight_smile:

It won't let you use "Curiosity Channel" because it has no Gracenote stationId associated with it.

If the EPG guide is mapped to the wrong Gracenote stationId and everyone is seeing the wrong guide info for the channel, perhaps @matthuisman can change it in the hosted app.json to use the correct stationId, instead of 120084 "16": [120084, "curiositystream"].

Does anyone know what the correct stationId is for Curiosity Channel?

1 Like

In another thread, I got very interesting results using this docker in Channels DVR. I think it should be mentioned in this thread too.

1 Like

How many current Live channels does this offer?
Their website says 30+ Live TV Channels.
Even counting the 7 channels they're adding on 11/18, I only count 29 Live channels.
What am I missing (besides Marketing creativity)?

They do offer only 22 live channels.

However, they are counting "Dove Channel On Demand" and "frndly TV On Demand" as 2 extra channels.

So that will make 31 channels from Frndly TV's point of view but only 29 live channels.

Actually, no, they are very careful to not mention "live TV":
frndly_tv_30_channels

Thanks, that's what I thought. They figure on-demand as live because the picture moves when you stream it. :roll_eyes:
When did you last visit their website?

True! :rofl:

I visited the website minutes before my message and just now too.
I can see it now if you scroll down to the place where they describe the features. Indeed, you are right, they do mention 30+ live TV channels. I'm sorry, I only saw the top of the page.

This is borderline false advertising.

1 Like

Was thinking about getting friendly sometime down the road. Thanks for making this. I am confused though about how exactly you add this in. Sorry to sound dumb.

Also can this work on any Channels server? I have a Mac so that’s why I ask.

1 Like

Check the first post in the thread.
You run it as a docker container on any device on your network and point your Channels DVR Server to it using a custom channel
Instructions are at the github link in that first post

with the latest docker image (just pushed), there are some new query params you can add to the playlist url.

start_chno
a channel number you want to start numbering channels from
eg. http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u?start_chno=50

include
comma separated list of channel-id you ONLY want in the playlist.
eg. http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u?include=frndly-1,frndly-2,frndly-3

exclude
comma separate list of channel-id you DONT want in the playlist.
eg. http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u?exclude=frndly-10

And of course you can combine query params
eg. http://127.0.0.1:8183/playlist.m3u?start_chno=50&include=frndly-1,frndly-2,frndly-3

4 Likes

You beat me, I was about to comment that playback was not working. I now have it working again. Love the features you added. I can now easily number the channels to follow my OTA channels. Appreciate the work you did for the added channels coming in a few hours.

yeh, they should now appear in the playlist but won't play until I add them to the live map.
But this way, at least users can see when they show up and let me know :slight_smile:

Please update the container to the latest.
I've made changes to it so it no longer requires me updating an external file for the new channels to work. The external file is now only required to map channels to their Gracenote ID's for EPG.

The old containers will probably stop working shortly as the file they use online has been changed to suit the latest container.

This should be the last time the container needs update for new channels

2 Likes

Did the container update and I am seeing the new channels except Military HISTORY which on the website is still showing coming soon. The Hallmark Holiday Yule Log is a nice surprise. Make sure to manually update the Guide after updating the container and lineup to get the proper listings. All listings work except for DOVE, but I never noticed that channel before anyway.

1 Like

Everything seems to be working except two channels guide data not pulling into the guide. Dove Channel and Curiosity Stream. Is there a way to create a xml file to put in the source settings. The site shows data in their guide lineup. The Dove Channel from Frndly is not the same as the Dove Channel from the TVE Source.

You are lucky that you are missing the guide data for only 2 channels.
I'm missing the guide data for ALL Frndly TV channels now. 20 minutes ago, I even did "Delete and Recreate Database" in the settings but that didn't help.
Now I see why: the channels are not mapped to existing channels.

--- Update (30 minutes later)

After:

1. removing the Frndly TV source in Channels
  2. removing the Docker container
  3. installing the latest Docker container from scratch (did it yesterday already but wanted to really start fresh today)
  4. installing the source back in Channels
  5. refreshing the M3U in the source
  6. redownloading the guide data in Channels

It's all good now! :slight_smile:

Just like @kennyb3653, I don't have guide data for Curiosity and Dove.
For Curiosity, it's nothing new for me, I never got it to work.

Go to your soruce select set provider then pick existing, select X-M3U, reload M3U