Frndly TV for Channels

Yep - same results here. It was idle overnight (and my frndlytv session likely expired in the container), went to play something live this morning and got new "logging in...." and "logged in!" lines instead of a failure like before. Nice!

@matthuisman Thank you for your work on this!

I am trying to use your Samsung TV Plus container but I cannot seem to get it assigned to a port. I have Pluto (:8080) and Stirr (:8090) docker containers running and can access both at their respective ports but I cannot seem to access Samsung TV at Port :8182 after running the command below:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name samsung-tvplus-for-channels -p 8182:80 matthuisman/samsung-tvplus-for-channels

What am I missing? Thank you!

1 Like

@matthuisman Where does the guide data for Curiosity Stream come from? I'm asking because it basically contains nothing, just 4-hour blocks of "Curiosity Stream" but they actually have scheduled programs as seen on Frndly TV's web site.

Also, I'm not sure whether this is something that you could change or not in the playlist maybe but the channel is actually called "Curiosity Channel". That's what I saw earlier when I was watching it live and they were advertising future shows. It is indeed a linear channel with scheduled programs so it would make sense to have this name. This differentiates it from their on-demand selection from the Curiosity Stream service/subscription.
I know, even Frndly TV refers to it as "CuriosityStream" so I understand why it would show up this way in Channels DVR too. Just curious if it could be an option to change it.

As a piece of evidence, here is their logo shown on the screen once in a while:
curiosity_channel_logo

Try this Mj

After Guide Redownload:

Can you submit diagnostics from your DVR

1 Like

Matt welcome! Thanks for this.

Would love to see kayo in here :joy:
(off topic: Kodi Add-on)

2 Likes

I'm not using it yet and I also don't use Docker for Windows, but
maybe if you use matthuisman/frndlytv-for-channels:latest
your Docker for Windows will pull the latest image.
If it already has a copy of the image, it probably won't pull a new one unless you specify :latest
If that doesn't work, delete the local image copy and run again.

1 Like

To update the image:

docker pull matthuisman/frndlytv-for-channels

Then you would stop/delete and recreate the container:

docker stop frndlytv-for-channels
docker rm frndlytv-for-channels
docker run ...

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion, @chDVRuser. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, that didn't work:

docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/frndlytv-for-channels" is already in use by container "[very long ID]". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.

But at least you replied and suggested something to try, which is more than I could do on my own so thank you.

I didn't know how to do that but then I saw tmm1's reply with detailed instructions. :slight_smile:

Thank you, @tmm1, that did it. :slight_smile:

Thank you, @kennyb3653. I followed your directions but I'm still getting the same result after recreating the guide. :frowning:

@tmm1 20d53200-324c-4086-b83e-eddb0adb2127

This is great, thanks so much for sharing. Can the Samsung TV Plus docker get a thread of its own here?

1 Like

Hi just installed this in Docker without issue. The loopback at 127.0.0.1:8183 shows the playlist URL and the FRNDLY session ID. Attempting to play a channel via the web interface generates a lot of reconnecting messages. I tried plugging in the server's real IP instead of the loopback to no avail. Here's what's in the log when attempting to play any channel:

2021/10/18 10:50:38.902778 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch9513: M3U: Could not fetch playlist: http://192.168.1.137:8183/play/10: Get "http://192.168.1.137:8183/play/10": EOF
2021/10/18 10:50:38.914215 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch9513-dANY-ip127.0.0.1: M3U: Could not fetch playlist: http://192.168.1.137:8183/play/10: Get "http://192.168.1.137:8183/play/10": EOF
2021/10/18 10:50:38.914215 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch9513-dANY-ip127.0.0.1

Fetching of program data is happening without issue.

What should I try to get around this?

Did you setup the source as MPEGTS or HLS?

Hls

Not sure then. Sounds like the docker container is hitting some kind of error. Maybe @matthuisman has some idea

Perhaps your password has some strange characters and is not getting set into the container correctly?

BTW this is running on Windows 10

On line 124 off the app code there seems to be an extraneous f in front of the opening apostrophe of the string parameter to the function call. Is that supposed to be there?

Yes that's normal: Python 3's f-Strings: An Improved String Formatting Syntax (Guide) – Real Python

@ Randall_Barth
All that the /play/ path does is return a 302 redirect to the actual playlist.
If you open the url (http://192.168.1.137:8183/play/10) in a browser elsewhere on the network, do you see it download a playlist file?

3 Likes