Frndly TV for Channels

Please!

@matthuisman, I'd say that MeTV is tremendously popular. It's one of the main Frndly channels we watch/record using your docker for Channels DVR.

Maybe the dev team @tmm1 @eric @maddox can add a sub category to the forums Playground for 3rd Party Feature requests. Voteable. It might be a good place to ask the community if anyone could make 3rd party tools, or for 3rd party developers to ask if anyone is interested in certain tools. @matthuisman awesome offer would be of interest to a lot of people but is buried in the Frndly thread.

1 Like

That makes sense, @Absenm . Most of us following this thread subscribe to Frndly and currently enjoy MeTV through that service. MeTV (and its sister station, Catchy Comedy) would be desired by many others who have different providers, or are not in areas which receive their OTA programming.

@matthuisman Looks like the new channels are live on FRNDLY tv.

Thank you for reporting this.

My script that monitors channel lineup changes picked up on it earlier this morning but for some reason crashed and didn't send me the notification. I need to fix that. However, it did print the information in the terminal window.

I will post an update in Changes in channel lineups

Thanks for the update.
I checked the app and it does play.
Thanks for keeping things updated.

Channel Name,CallSign,GracenoteID
MeTV+,METVPLS,119266
Pursuit,PURST,60111
Waypoint,WYPOINT,121424
Justice Central,JUST,78850

Pursuit and MeTV+ are not working, Waypoint OK.
I've Tried in VLC Player also.
Docker Log:

Interesting. I don't have this channel.
What is your source?
Does it have EPG?

It's in the gracenote=exclude playlist on frndly

OK so we have the same source and the same channel list.
I don't see the channel "Justice Central" in your screenshot.

@warrentc3
They still appear in the Playlist without include and exclude. The URL's are not mapping correctly to @matthuisman Server.

Channels Not working:

BabyFirst
BYUtv
Curiosity Channel
Kids
Grit
ION
ION Mystery
Pixl
QVC
RecipeTV

"/play/me_tv_.m3u8" should be "/play/me_tv_plus.m3u8"

It has to be changed on @matthuisman server so the docker container can retrieve the proper URL. I've set up my Frndly Source as text so a manual change will work. Thanks for the heads up on the proper URL. What can you see wrong with the others.

How did you figure out the proper URL. I couldn't figure it out from the Frndly Online Guide.

have been added to the generated online file so they should automatically match up now

Also, the docker container should still work without them being added to my server.

If it cant find a channel in the https://i.mjh.nz/frndly_tv/app.json it should output a url in the playlist with the channel id (not slug). eg play/84

The docker container will then find the correct play url for that id.
The app.json simply "caches" the slug so playback is a bit quicker and also advises the gracenote ids

Possibly users having issues are on older container that didnt used to have the fallback

1 Like

@matthuisman
These are working:
BabyFirst
BYUtv
Curiosity Channel
Kids
Grit
ION
ION Mystery
Pixl
QVC