Frndly TV for Channels

Hi @matthuisman on your FrndlyTV page you say this can also work for other IPTV services...which ones have you tried and how would I set that up?

Unless you're referring to another page than this one, it just says "also works with other IPTV players," not services. Just means you can use the M3U to play the streams in something like VLC or TiviMate.

Ahhhhh I see... sorry, I misunderstood! Makes sense :slight_smile: thank you!

Is this docker method, the only way to get MeTV in Channels DVR in HD? Thanks.

At this point,
This is the only way to get METV in channels unless you do one of the other options such as HDMI for channels or ADBTuner.
The FRNDLY app doesn't support deep linking.

There's this and either one of the CC4C using (Sling or Philo) or HDMI/ADBTuner tools (using DTV/Stream, Sling, Philo and any other provider that has it) or a FTA Satellite dish and receiver that provides m3u link

When it comes to FRNDLY, The docker method will deliver the best picture.
Anytime you can grab a video stream, it will always perform better than some of this other stuff.

Thanks everyone. I stopped using Docker when a better option became available for Pluto. I might have to go back to using it. I get MeTV OTA, but I miss the HD feed I was getting a while back using a m3u, that no longer works (from NY).

I remember that m3u well.
Glad FRNDLY decided to start playing the channel.
I paid for a year ahead and if all continues, i plan to renew.

Reminder, FrndlyTV isn’t a free service and will require a paid subscription. So if you are simply looking for a better quality feed for one channel you may want to consider if $10 a month is worth it to you. For me I actually got FrndlyTV because it was the only way to get The Weather Channel and it was worth it for me. I’ve stayed with it because there are a lot of great channels and none of it involves TVE which can be a headache.

They're increasing pricing on Sept 26
Limited time: Save 27% – only $5.84/mo. :rotating_light: Offer ends 26th!

Per email "Beginning in September, the price for your annual Classic subscription will change from $7.50 per month billed annually to $7.99 per month billed annually."

Now would be a good time to get the annual sub if you want it.

I've got my subscription and i'm happy to pay as long as it works with Channels.
The increase is much less than the norm online.
Super cheap service with a good amount of value.

is METV that popular?
I would be able to do a docker container for that to stream for free.
1280x720 stream. Same one their android app uses

5 Likes

Well I suppose it is popular enough that Weigel Broadcasting Co is spinning off a MeTV+ that Frndly will also be carrying starting in October.

3 Likes

It's by FAR my most-watched channel, out of over 1,000+, lol... IF you could do that, that would be great!

1 Like

Please!

@matthuisman, I'd say that MeTV is tremendously popular. It's one of the main Frndly channels we watch/record using your docker for Channels DVR.

Maybe the dev team @tmm1 @eric @maddox can add a sub category to the forums Playground for 3rd Party Feature requests. Voteable. It might be a good place to ask the community if anyone could make 3rd party tools, or for 3rd party developers to ask if anyone is interested in certain tools. @matthuisman awesome offer would be of interest to a lot of people but is buried in the Frndly thread.

1 Like

That makes sense, @Absenm . Most of us following this thread subscribe to Frndly and currently enjoy MeTV through that service. MeTV (and its sister station, Catchy Comedy) would be desired by many others who have different providers, or are not in areas which receive their OTA programming.

1 Like

@matthuisman Looks like the new channels are live on FRNDLY tv.