Frndly TV for Channels

What channels work from frndly? Is there a list somewhere?

1 Like

I am able to get all of the channels through the docker.

Seeing your other posts, I would look into project one click from @bnhf it takes a lot of work out of setting up docker and the containers.

this post has more info:

Ill have to check that out. Im pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I can build out the physical part. The software part i have no idea. If it is as easy as its written out to be it may be the best solution for me. Thank you.

@matthuisman, looks like MeTV Toons goes live June 25th at 6am eastern US.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see either a place holder or the channel is made available a little early.

Here are the markets where it will be available https://metvtoons.com/wheretowatch/all-markets
I'm guessing the streaming version epg will be different than the ota/cable epg.
Right now I can only find the ota station id 159817

Looks like everyone is set for the 25th. Cant wait for this. Going to get frndly. Already have philo but lacking sone channels like metv charge syart and some others. Plan on trying docker setup today. Never done it before. The one click instructions seems pretty clear but knowing my luck ill fond away to screw it up lol.

I have Philo and FRNDLY along with Fubo tv and all the free stuff.
We re all set.

Was it really easy to set up? Like for someone who knows nothing about computers or programming?

As long as you have Docker desktop or docker setup for you rplatform, it should setup very nicely.
I've been running the FRNDLY docker for around 3 years and it just works.
I'm using Synology to host all my projects related to Channels and i've got docker desktop setup on my older windows PC. The offering is well worth the effort.

I'm trying to use this on my Win10 PC. I have had Python for quite some time for some other things I was working on but the instructions here are a bit unclear for me for the Python setup.

I downloaded the code from the download link on the git and unpacked the zip but I'm missing a step somewhere (like where to put these files after unzipping?) because when I try to run " git clone GitHub - matthuisman/frndlytv-for-channels: Frndly TV for Channels " in Python I get the following error:

Please help with the missing step.

The "git clone" command is a shell command so it needs to be run in the normal terminal, not in the Python session.

1 Like

I'll give that a whirl.

@mjitkop

I'm not getting it here! I tried in cmd as administrator and still nothing. I guess I'm not understanding "normal terminal" which I took as the Windows cmd window.

1 Like

I will go through the steps myself too and capture everything in details. Stay tuned for detailed step-by-step instructions to install Frndly TV for Channels without using Docker.

THANK YOU

@RyzenBeast here you go, I hope this will make the whole process much easier:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Frndly TV with Python on Windows without Docker: the easy way

just ping me when its live and with the correct gracenote id :slight_smile:

1 Like
{
        "type": "Digital Broadcast Network",
        "name": "MeTV Toons",
        "callSign": "METOONS",
        "stationId": "159817",
        "bcastLangs": [
            "en"
        ],
        "preferredImage": {
            "uri": "https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/s159817_ll_h15_aa.png?w=360&h=270",
            "height": "270",
            "width": "360",
            "primary": "true",
            "category": "Logo",
            "text": "",
            "tier": ""
        },
        "videoQuality": {
            "signalType": "Digital",
            "videoType": "HDTV",
            "truResolution": "HD 720p"
        }