Frndly TV for Channels

I think you meant July 26th.
You can also use FastChannels to get FrndlyTV.
Working for me.

@matthuisman Seeing this: Error: Failed to get response from url: https://frndlytv-api.revlet.net/service/api/v1/tvguide/channels?skip_tabs=0

Corrected thanks & interesting , but no you probably didn't check same issue

Both the matthuisman FrndlyTV container and the FastChannels container are working with FrndlyTV for me. No issues.

1 Like

Remember you must be in USA for the service, if their website doesnt work directly using your connection - the docker container will not either

Definitely in the USA. And can login to the website without issue. Even changed my DNS to OpenDNS from Quad9.
Not critical, but thought I'd mention it since Skylinejay187 was also reporting an issue.

Update: Changed my password and was prompted to add a special character.
Deleted and recreated the docker with the new password.
All is well.

3 Likes

Yeah changed the password all is good now , must be random but all good now! I'm planning on putting a new TVE extension in my app what I see so far it can be random things like this sucks but still works so thanks :pray:t4::+1:t4: Debrid Channels

Same , back up!

I just noticed mine was missing as well.

Anyone else seeing problems today with guide data for FrndlyTV? This started this morning, I get guide data with the title of the show or movie and time it airs, but no episode data - all it displays for each show or movie is today's date and no other info. I see no errors in docker, and I can see in the logs where it is logging in and reaching out and receiving data, it's just missing everything but the title of the show or movie. I can view the channels with no issues, only problem is missing guide data as described above. See attached example.

FYI, must of been a temp glitch, as it is now populating guide data properly. Guess I should of just went and got a cup of coffee and waited a bit before posting.

@matthuisman frndly-38 Dove station id: 110480

ive had this comment for some time
image
Is it now matching?

YES, you can blame me if someone complains that you switched on the gracenote guide data.

have updated :slight_smile:

Thanks

Had to do a clean windows 11 install & got Channels DVR restored. I decided to try docker via Ubuntu/Portainer instead of Docker Desktop. I'd saved the docker command for FrndlyTV & had gemini convert the docker command to yaml. I added it to the Portainer stack. It shows it's up and running. My Frndly TV source is still in Channels & I'm trying to reload the m3u and guide data but nothing's happening. Here's the converted command:

services:
  frndlytv-for-channels:
    image: matthuisman/frndlytv-for-channels:latest
    container_name: frndlytv-for-channels
    restart: unless-stopped
    ports:
      - "8183:80"
    environment:
      - USERNAME=(username)
      - PASSWORD=(password)

I'm somewhat new to this. Forgive my ignorance, but will Frndly not work in Portainer or am I completely missing a step?

Does your CDVR Custom Channels Source for FrndlyTV reflect whatever change in IP (and perhaps port #) has resulted from your new setup?

Check the frndlytv-for-channels container log

Did you put your actual username and password in there?