General questions

They don’t have a live TVE stream, but they do through Philo and you have an unlimited 30 day dvr.

I just discovered that the history channel is completely missing from channels DVR. It's available on Philo but the channel does not show up in the channels DVR guide

History Channel does not have live TVE stream. A&E also does not have TVE stream.

Tve is watching tv directly though the History app which doesn’t have a live stream so it won’t show up on Channels.

You would watch and Record it through Philo

That was my understanding. Back to my original assertion- you Can't record the history channel correct?

A Philo user posted a list of channels available to Channels DVR TVE here

Using the Philo app on my shieldtv I don't see an option to record Is that because I am on a seven day trial? Does an option to record show up after I pay for a subscription?

Corrected link

Different service

I was able to record on a trial

care to share a hint? :). in other words, what do you click to record something?

Not the app, their website. While the distinction may seem trivial, some networks have features (or higher quality) available in their branded apps that are not available on their websites.

Channels' TV Everywhere support is limited to what is available on a network's website. Just because a feature or stream is available via the app, that does not mean it is available via Channels' TVE integrations.

Why are you telling me this?

The reason I posted the clarification was because earlier you mentioned that it was recording from History's app. I was posting to correct the assumption: Channels' TVE sources record directly from the websites' linear-programming live streams and have nothing to do with the networks' apps.

Also, your posted screenshot does indeed show that Philo's client can record A+E Network networks' channels, but they are recording from the feeds they receive directly from the provider. Channels does not have this level of access, and relies upon a provider's TVE credentials, which (unfortunately) often do not include as many channels as their regular OTT offering.

Never mentioned recording directly though History

Trial version has all features for the trial term, recording included.

Dbeck,

Do you have an antenna and an HDHomeRun device already installed? If so, Channels DVR is $8 with no strings contract. I think experience is the best teacher. If you don't have those items installed from my experience they are worth it to get up and running. Sooner or later you will cut the cord. Lay the infrastructure and gain experience. I can't image going back to renting boxes from Comcast ever again.

If your asking how to record in Philo, On their guide if you select a program and hold down the select button for a couple of seconds, a windows pops up giving you options. One options a plus sign, This adds the program to your playlist and records all episodes on that show or movie. Again the plus sign is your record button in Philo. There's no option to record only new episodes. It records all. Click on any show image not in the guide will take you to options also. This is the best option it you wan't to skip ads. If you start a program live not in your playlist to record, and go back to the beginning you can't skip ads.

Thanks everyone. I do have an antenna with HDHomeRun Quatro. Channels is installed on a ShieldTV.

Originally I could not figure out how to record from within Philo but you guys solved that for me. I have everything working pretty well other than a wireless FireTV in the kitchen keeps freezing and I assume buffering. My shieldTV is also on wireless and I think that's the problem. I need to figure out how to get a cat5/cat6 to the room where they shieldtv is located. Its going to be really tough as I will probably have to run wire behind the baseboard. The way the house is built there aren't many options.