Get notification of interrupted recording

It would be nice if I could get an email if a recording is interrupted. I get 80% through a recording and then it skips around and I can't finish it. If I look at the recording on my server, it will display that it was interrupted, but it doesn't show this inside the app on a firestick, that i can see. Would rather not waste time watching a show if I can't finish it. And also would like to try to record it again if i know right away that it was interrupted.

This is a missing feature from the Android clients. The Apple clients show an indicator on the episode if there was an error in the recording.

Full feature parity is supposed to be coming this year, but it is not there yet. New features always come to the Apple clients first, and then they are ported over to Android.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Interrupted recordings issue

Always seems backward to me that IOS gets anything before Android, since 80% of market around the world is Android. Thanks for the info. Might have to cancel this service since it's happening all of the time. Are the specs of my server to blame for these interruptions? Or is it just how Channels works?

Every TVE recording?

Possible, but probably not. Submitting diagnostics would help

It's how streaming works. With Channels DVR TVE, it's just recording the stream from the network that streams it. Glitches, interruptions, commercials and all. Some networks are more problematic than others. I never have issues with my Local PBS TVE stream, but do with other networks and some of the free channels (6700 and up).

So was Channels DVR solution to this to just stop reporting the problem in the DVR > Schedule (webpage)? I still see it on my recordings if I drill in on them, but it doesn't seem to be highlighted otherwise.

This indicator has been added in the latest Android betas and will be in the next Android release.

1 Like