Grid Guide

My 8 are in my house. Starts with 5 bedrooms then LR, Kitchen, Master Bath. Most on Ethernet but a couple on wifi.

This is the list of where all of the AppleTV’s will go. Eventually.

Upper Guest
Lower Guest
Detached Garage
Game Room
Outdoor Game Room
Bar 1
Bar 2
Bar 3
Workout Room
Home Theatre
My Office
Cabana
Outdoor Cabana
Playroom
Family Room
Wife Office
Master Bedroom 1
Master Bedroom 2
Master Bedroom 3
Master Bath

I haven’t bought all of them yet because some places like the wife’s office and our bedroom need DVR. But all in all this will be the final product.

I just want to toot our own horn and mention how AMAZING of a value Channels is combined with Apple ID and family sharing, lol. :joy:

Amazing setup!!

2 Likes

So… party at @Shadow_Bullet’s house?

1 Like

Agreed - how else could @Shadow_Bullet afford to run Channels on that many TVs??

Even it was $50 I would still buy it in a heartbeat just because of how amazing it is.

I really do appreciate all the effort that you guys are putting in to make this the best app for watching TV with HDHR. Your dedication and experience are what makes me so glad to have developers like you, it gives me great hope for the future of this app and I know for a fact that this app will only continue to grow, not only in features but also users as we approach more usability to interface with the HDHR. Again my gratitude to all of you for making such a wonderful app even in it’s basic form of just WATCHING TV right now.

1 Like

:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

So will the guide from iOS be coming to ATV soon?

Absolutely, there are just a few technical hurdles we need to work through.

5 Likes

This is by far the best app on our Apple TV. I just wish Comcast didn’t DRM so many channels. Looking forward to the guide on Apple TV!

Any update on bringing the grid guide to ATV?

No updates yet, but we’re hoping that with today’s release of tvOS 10 it will be easier to overcome the technical issues we’re experiencing with focus engine.

Quick update: we are still working on making this happen. A number of the focus engine bugs we were hitting before are fixed in tvOS 10, which is very encouraging!

Is it going to be available without the DVR? Do you have an ETA?

Yes. No timeline is available at this time. Soon though.

1 Like

this would be helpful to see upcoming programs.

wanted to see when the football game was on, what channel, whose playing etc, that works really well on a the grid style guide.

Channels 2.0 was launched today with a grid guide!