Guide not always updating for Virtual channels and PlutoTV

I have been having an issue I have seen mentioned on here in other sections. I have an Apple TV with Channels on an Unraid docker. With my regular guide, everything works perfectly. After a few days, I will notice that all of the Pluto TV channels have generic EPG (Pluto TV Action, Pluto TV Reaction) where the show/movie name should be. At that same time, while my Virtual channels show Movies and TV Shows, they are incorrect. Clicking an episode of King of Queens starts playing the Big Bang Theory for example. I checked and my Pluto TV EPG is downloaded and current in its Docker.

To fix this, I can simply hit the Menu button on the ATV remote twice and click Up twice on the Channels to force close the app. After re-opening it, all is working again....for a few days then it will happen again.

It just happened, so I checked the Web Guide and that is showing correctly. I noticed the 2 other posts I was just reading both had Apple TVs if I remember correctly.

was wondering if anything can be done about this. I love using Virtual Channels but it's a pain to force close the app so often.

Thanks,
Scott

What version number is shown inside the Channels app

Please submit diagnostics from the app next time it happens

1 Like

Will do, thanks!

@tmm1
It just did it again and I submitted the logs through the Apple TV Channels App.
Let me know if I need to do something else.

Scott

2023/03/29 21:09:41.168347 New diagnostic log submitted under 254e701f-f00e-4a82-9d2d-b551198d1ae8

1 Like

@tmm1,
Just curious if you were able to discover anything from the logs I provided?

Thanks,
Scott

Virtual channels issue is fixed in dvr prerelease

1 Like

Excellent! Is this something I need to update or just wait for it to come out of prerelease?

Scott

See:

1 Like

So I think I have the same issue despite updating to the pre-release version of 2023.05.01.2314. Virtual channel EPG is not in sync with what actually plays when you tune in to the channel. I'm pretty sure this occurs when waking the AppleTV from standby. If you force close Channels then everything is in sync again.