Guide - Schedule Automatic Channel Switching

I love the new guide feature. Thanks for getting this out.

I would love to have the ability to click on an upcoming show in the guide. When that show starts (or that shows start time comes around), the Channels app should automatically switch to that tagged channel, or show a notification that the show is about to start with a prompt to switch.

This is especially useful when watching a show on one channel, and you want to watch an upcoming show on another channel and not forget about it.

1 Like

We have a reminders feature like this in the iOS app. We can look at doing something similar on tvOS, but the caveat is that the app is unable to do anything if it’s not actively running. So if you set a reminder or auto-tune, and then switch to another app like Netflix, you’ll still miss it.

1 Like

Reviving this old feature request, I’d love to see this functionality. I’m not concerned about the behavior when the app isn’t already running in the foreground — for me, discarding the automatic change is fine.

Something like this was a feature on comcast boxes back when I paid for regular TV. You could select an upcoming show to auto-switch to when it started, and then when it got close, it would prompt you to change channels or cancel.