Guide Search

Setup = Channels DVR on Synology NAS;
Using Web and FireTV (Cube) apps.

Searching the Guide gets zero results.
As an example, searching the term: news
I get nothing, yet, can see there are many different 'news' references in titles and descriptions of the EPG data.
That term does bring up results in my library of previously recorded items with the term 'news' in the title.
I note that there are others that have queried this in the forum, yet don't see a definitive resolution.
I have tried a number of options to search for full or partial title names etc with no results. Should there be a response?

I am confident the data is in the XML TV Guide added and there are no error logs showing.

Any ideas on how to get this basic function working?

The search (in the DVR web UI) searches for Titles.
Any show with "news" in the Title should appear in the Guide search results.
I thought there was a way to search using Genres = News, but can't remember how (you can in a pass).

Thanks for confirming that it's supposed to do that. It just doesn't in my case.
I can even copy and paste the full title from a show in the guide and search for that yet nothing comes up.

Try it on the Channels DVR web admin UI.
If it doesn't work on a client device, could be the client's not getting guide data.

Thanks for the response. It showed me that it should work and pointed me in the right direction.
Long story short: I changed my EPG source to one I was generating from broadcast EIT;
While I thought it was loading, the EPG data I was seeing was somehow in cache or DB backup.
I cleared the core elements/db in the software and started the provider again and got it working. It is searching as expected now.