HDHomeRun new 4K ATSC 3.0 tuner

Same here. I wish we could have both in the guide until they are usable.

I second that.

1 Like

Vegas are the vídeo are is working fine. Similar to ATSC 1. Audio has something who doesn’t feel right. Like too much compression. Also no closed caption yet. Same on the three broadcast. ABC, NBC and CBS on the latest beta on Apple TV. Amazon Fire doesn’t play correctly neither hardware decoder or software. Plays to fast and skip frames

New DVR Beta for AppleTV say improvements to ATSC 3.0. I don't see any improvement. Anything specific to try?

I've had my 4k HDHR disabled in Channels due to issues with ATSC 3.0 stations. In my market all of the 3.0 stations went off line for a few weeks and came back a week ago. I decided to test them today. Amazingly enough ABC and CBS played perfectly for an hour each. No audio or video issues. NBC and CW still had bad audio and video. FOX has yet to re-enable 3.0 so couldn't test it. Maybe, maybe soon they'll get this working.

1 Like

Still no closed caption or commercial detect.

Great news!

My ABC 11 plays audio in Channels, but Handbrake does not see the audio.

@tmm1

Sounds like handbrake doesn't support ATSC3 then? That's something you need to report to them.

Closed captioning inside ATSC3 uses a new specification and it will take some time to develop support for it.

What problem are you having with commercial detection? Can you try the latest pre-releases?

I thought audio had worked before.Can't say for sure though. Are any of the codecs on the right side what I need? I know the audio with ATSC 3.0 is challenging to say the least now.

ATSC 3.0 uses AC-4 for audio.

1 Like

I have never got commercial detection to work on ATSC 3 recording. From the log file;
20/12/11 15:04:01.543233 [DVR] Commercial detection failed for The Dr. Oz Show S12E63 COVID19 Headquarters What the White House Testing Czar Has to Say About When Well See an End to This Pandemic 2020-12-11-1451.mpg with exit status 1
Also when playing back the ATSC3 recording it won't play more than about 2 min before the Nividia app does a restart.
It does this on the Beta app and the stable release. I have the latest Windows Beta server.

Looks like FFMPEG needs to add it first. Thanks guys for the info.
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8349

But it seems as if they haven't decided what priority.....bouncing between 'important' and 'wish' (currently just a 'wish')....

1 Like

No kidding! Nuts!

I’ve been updating all new pre-releases. No commercial detection on ATSC3 recordings

Comskip probably has problems with the Audio.

Please email support with diagnostics and the comskip video.log file from one of the recordings

Sent the Logs. Thanks

I have an HDHomeRun 4K tuner. I use the Channels app (on Apple TV 4K, iPhone, and iPad) since it is actually stable and usable with the 4K tuner (unlike the HDHomeRun app). I live in the Raleigh, NC area. We have 5 ATSC 3.0 channels right now. For four of them - 11.1, 22.1, 28.1, 40.1 - everything works fine. For one of them - 17.1 - I get audio, but only a blue screen instead of video. If I try to view stats, nothing shows up. Does anyone know why this might be happening and/or how to fix it? Thanks

1 Like