HDHomeRun new 4K ATSC 3.0 tuner

A new firmware was released for the 4k that splits/moves the ATSC 3.0 channels to the 1xx range, and leaves the non-3.0 channel at its normal place. I noticed they show up in Channels as SD channels and have no guide data. Can you fix this, please?

I have guide data when setting up the guide provider I chose The HdHomerun DVR option. I am sure Channels DVR will fix this if you do not Subscribe to HDHomeRun DVR.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 115646

I don't. I just have it tied to the OTA guide.

Interesting that your results are different. For you, do they map as HD or SD channels?

I described how to fix this above:

I've already done that and it didn't fix it. I'm running this build of the DVR.

Does the official HDHR app show the correct guide data for those channels?

yes

I was able to get it working. I had to delete the guide database via the guide database maintenance options in order to do so . However, they are still showing as SD channels.

The firmwares (2 so far) that changed the atsc3 channels to 100+ doesn't appear to mark them in the device lineup as HD.

The firmware needs to advertise which channels are HD. Some of the ATSC3 broadcasts are still transmitting SD content (like PBS Kids in Phoenix).

I believe SiliconDust is planning to address this in a future firmware upgrade, and also will try distinguish between regular HD vs 4K content.

Unfortunately for now this means the dvr will not record from these stations because it thinks they are in SD, so the HD ATSC1 stations are preferred. I'll have a look at adding some type of workaround into our dvr.

You can for now make channel # specific passes if you trust ATSC 3 broadcasts ... I personally do not trust them yet.

1 Like

In v2021.01.06.1654 there are some improvements for comskip on ATSC3

3 Likes

Would the improvements depend on the show recorded.

Is it possible to add an option to record both ATSC 1.0 and 3.0 of a program / event? This would give us redundancy on season passes and sporting events. It would also ensure we could have AC3 audio on the 1.0 version. Please forgive me if this is already possible and pls point me to the thread. :slight_smile:

Not presently, because both broadcasts have the same guide info. The workarounds for this are to either record the program before or after, and adjust the padding as needed, or create a manual recording (which can only be down from the command line).

How difficult is the command line stuff? The Browns play KC on Sunday and if I can pull in the ATSC 3.0 version, I'd definitely like to record both.

Thank you. A simple check box in the UI would be better. :slight_smile: