HDHomeRun new 4K ATSC 3.0 tuner

Wonder if the Prime 6 will have a Atsc3.0 tuner is it ever comes out

The PRIME is a QAM tuner. It has never supported OTA.

1 Like

I thought it had one OTA tuner that you could hook up an antenna, my bad

Now over $350,000 from almost 1,650 backers.

1 Like

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a Star Citizen...

Send me your email. We tried getting out of our Triple Play package, but it simply isn’t worth it right now. We’re getting Triple Play for about $85 a month at the moment, and the Gig Internet is $70 before taxes and fees. But, once our two years are up, in about 4 months, they’ll surely hike the prices up again and that’s when we’ll get out of our commitment. The Prime I have has been babied and will come with a small cool pad. When I’m ready to sell I’ll contact you.

$400,268 from 1869 backers. 12 days to go. HDHomeRun ATSC 3.0

Now at over 2,000 backers and more than $442K, with 6 days to go.

They've added a "stretch goal": Apple TV support.

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it.

2 Likes

They've passed $501K, with 2336 backers. 40 hours to go!

Also, they've received hardware sign-off samples.

When I think about the greatness of ATSC 3.0, I think about higher resolutions and better audio. Because of its Internet integration, is ATSC 3.0 simply going to inject severe levels of dynamic advertising, and become a real disappointment? One thing we know for sure, anything that is Internet connected can't be good as it is for more than a few months without a forced update of some sort.

1 Like

Orlando is listed as having at least one station using Atsc 3.0. Anyone know which one. I'm itching to pull the trigger

Hmmm, my Google-fu fails me. Perhaps this information has not yet been announced. All I can tell you is the Kickstarter closes in about one hour.

Yeah I couldn't find anything either. That's ok I missed Kickstarter for the DVR and still was able to have access a year after it was released.

My area is in the next tier of "first markets" and will get it after Orlando, but I joined the Kickstarter anyway. The price may never be better and I like the idea of supporting the company. I plan to run it alongside my current Quatro and Prime boxes until such time as we're all ATSC 3.0 all the time, if that ever happens.

You think it will be more than $199? Says they have 1900 left whatever that means

Well, usually prices only go up not down, but here's hoping. Apparently the ATSC 3.0 demodulators are not cheap. But hey money spent tomorrow costs less than money spent today.

The Kickstarter is complete, with 2,782 backers and $601,200! I joined in the first 24 hours, so my unit is scheduled to be shipped in July.

I backed it. But I am going to keep my quadro in the event the advertising is punishing. I am hoping pihole will be able to filter that advertisement stuff.

1 Like

What advertising? I know some of the interactive stuff will require internet and they could implement ads at that time, but none of that will be required and it's not rolling out right now. At the moment the ATSC 3.0 channels are just broadcasting signals. The only difference from a user point of view is HEVC instead of mpeg2.