HDHomeRun new 4K ATSC 3.0 tuner

Not sure what process we are supposed to perform to ensure when we tune we get the ATSC 3 feed. I finally was able to get channels to play ATSC 3 version by rescanning in ATV app and then going to "all channels."

I have multiple tuners (Quatro x 1 and a few of the new 4K editions) and was wondering if I have to rescan for all of them in the app?

Second, when I play back the ATSC 3 versions I am also getting breakups on the audio on bluetooth headphones connected through my TV. This results in TV dialogue mostly in my left ear. There is a mix of sound and dialogue that sounds like it was run through a "voice changer/masker" device as if to hide the speaker's identity in my right ear.

Is there a way in the ATV version to keep the stats view on and force me to turn it off? Would prefer this over having to pick "show stats" over and over again.

Confirmed no sound. Sill pauses watching LIVETV.

I have multiple tuners as well. My approach to testing is to enable/disable the HDHR-4k but it is the first in the list of tuners (first priority). My other HDHRs are below the 4k unit. When enabled, I get the ATSC 3.0 channels, when I disable it, the non 4k tuners are used.

1 Like

Release 20201023

• HDHR5-4K: Improve TS timestamp precision.

That firmware update now allows the HDHR App to run perfectly on my Shields. No issues with audio or video. The firmware update didn't help the Channels App for me though.

I am still waiting on a Channels update to the Android Beta the last one had no sound ... to try with that firmware.

1 Like

I think you need to have a phone that supports AC-4 if you're using the mobile app. I know audio doesn't work on my Pixel 3a. Audio does work on the Android TV beta, but as of yesterday it still had some issues with glitches.

1 Like

The latest beta released late yesterday has no sound on my FireTV or Google TV. Don't upgrade if you want to keep the sound.

I updated the beta yesterday at 5pm PST, and I was still getting audio on my Chromecast.

Are you sure you are getting the ASTC 3.0 broadcast ? What version are you on ?

Yes, I verified I was tuning 3.0 channels, and I made some test recordings. I was running HDHR firmware 20201022, and updated the Channels beta. I'm not home to check the version of the Channels app, but unless the app was updated after 5pm yesterday, I was running the latest beta.

If sound is not working in your area, I will need a hdhr capture (make sure your HDHR firmware is updated first). Email to [email protected] and include the atsc3 region and channel number.

No sound just tested again I am on beta (10.22.2355) ... will have to wait until fix.

Some of this might be related to which market each of us is in, and the different way broadcasters are tagging streams. I'm in Portland.

5 minutes of a Raw capture will do ? No sound on any of my broadcast station they are all converted on Portland Oregon.

Looks like 30 seconds is all that is needed.

1 Like

Done

|Hardware Model|HDHR5-4K|
|Firmware Version|20201023|

Thanks. Beta version with fix was uploaded

Working now thanks.

Still get Pauses every now and then. LiveTV.

Diagnostics sent with pauses.

Playback for recordings and live TV looks great for me with today's beta and the 20201023 firmware. One issues I did find is on PBS it appears to be playing both the English and Spanish audio simultaneously. I'll grab a video sample and email it.