Hide Guide Categories - HD, SD, Favorites

I would love to see an option to hide the different categories on the guide. I’m not sure about everyone else, but I never change my guide selection from HD Channels. The option to hide this would allow for more room to view the guide and see further ahead - up to 3 hours of the guide. To me, it feels a bit cramped on the screen.

For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s the different categories that you can select from on the left portion of the guide.

• All Channels
  • HD Channels
  • SD Channels
  • Favorites
  • Movies
  • Sports
  • Drama
  • News
  • Kids

What are everyone’s thoughts?

I like this idea. There are too many ways to accidentally - thanks to the hyper-sensitive Apple remote - end up somewhere you didn’t intend to be.

3 Likes

This isn't exactly what you were thinking, but maybe achieves something similar. Is there a way to change the grid? Can the user set it to have 10 rows instead of just 7? And/Or maybe show 4 hours of programming instead of just 2.3?

Large TV's often times allow us to see more on one screen.

Increased lines in the guide would be a nice optional feature. For the size TV I have, I’m content with the current amount of lines displayed. I would just love to hide some of the options I never use. I’m a big fan of a very clean simple layout. Like the other post mentioned, that Apple Remote is sensitive, and the less I have to mistakenly click/change the better.

I think hiding the side bar options would be great, nice clean and simple.

3 Likes

I'm a new (and very happy) subscriber, exploring all of the options in Channels and really enjoying the experience so far. This is the very first thing I thought to ask about, and I'm sharing the same suggestion.

At the very least, there should be a feature or option to hide both the SD and HD categories if there are no SD channels at all! I only have HD channels, so the "All Channels" and "HD Channels" are identical, and the "SD Channels" category is empty, which is a waste of space and confusing.

I'd prefer for it to just show "All Channels" and "Favorites," along with the other categories: Movies, Sports, Drama, News and Kids.

3 Likes