Hiding channels on DUAL

I can’t do this on my HDHomeRun DUAL… I was hoping I could turn off channels in the DVR backend, but it seems I can only FAVORITE them, or manually mark them as HD on the HDHomeRun Dual… I had to enter recording rules to only record on channels that contain a “.1” – which is the HD stream. I wish there was a better way to ignore a channel since I can’t disable it on my HDHomeRun DUAL itself…

1 Like

+1 from me.

This has been implemented for the next build of the DVR server.

2 Likes

Just saw that – thanks! I did try turning off (for example) 10.3 on both my EXTEND and my DUAL by selecting the red CROSS-OUT icon, and when I removed the rule that said ONLY to record on 10.1 (and not 10.3) I did see that in my passes the show did display both 10.1 and 10.3 as valid channels to record from. I’m not sure if it WOULD actually do it, but wanted to at least point that out…

Can you try pause/resume the rule to see if the channels listed in the scheduled jobs change?

Either way, it will definitely ignore the hidden channels when it comes time to record. It will also stop downloading guide data for them, so eventually they will drop off the search results too.

1 Like