How Do To Multiple Servers With Multiple Accounts

CC: @tmm1 @eric
Connecting Via Port appears to have broken when they added the IP list when connecting to other Servers.

It's okay, I'm going to go a different direction with it at this point.

I appreciate all the input, though, thank you.

Ubuntu server with docker installed. Configure macvlan network and the container will function like vmware workstation with a guest in bridged networking mode. Then you dont need to worry about any port mapping.

I appreciate your suggestion but this used to work before at 1 time I was running 3 servers on my Synology and had no problem connecting via ipofserver:port ...

Wait a sec. I just verified i can connect to multiple sevrers on different ports on same docker host with android... maybe the host os is the problem for you?

Could be ... this is my docker ports . .. I got a request for Authentication code.

2024/02/15 17:58:46.443342 [HTTP] Detected docker guest gateway. Requiring authentication for: 172.17.0.1

@slampman,

I run most of my Dockers on UBUNTU Server ... Could be a Windows/Docker desktop problem ... tomorrow I will test adding the Docker on my UBUNTU server see how it works ... time to take a break.

That's due to this change ⚠️ Security Update in v2024.01.08.1431

1 Like

Crap you are right just read this part .... That answers why I cannot connect Clients to the Server.

What will happen?

If you are affected by the issue, you will no longer be able to freely connect to your Channels DVR Server web admin from your local network. You will be prompted to authenticate with a token.

Additionally, your Channels clients will no longer be able to connect to your Channels DVR Server.

So besides Synology Docker, looks like it affects Docker Desktop for Windows and Mac.

Thanks I have been fighting with this for days ... you are the only one that appears to know what my problem was.

Once Again Thanks ... Time to put this issue to bed with no fix. So we are limited to Linux Distro Dockers ?

Appears that's the case.
I asked before they released it.

So I am SOL lol ... Well guess I can Retire my Channels DVR Windows/Docker Desktop test System as only 1 DVR can run on it.

Not sure if @joagomez implemented this

Thanks but I am tapping out.

@Edwin_Perez did you send diagnostics from one of these docker DVRs with different IPs or from the client right after you tried to connect?

He said he sent Android Diagnostics

Looking at this diagnostic from Android, it does appear that the IP that the server was seeing as the source IP was the docker bridge interface, so it does seem like @chDVRuser was right. Docker Desktop just doesn't appear to be useful for anything more than a development environment. It isn't setup to pass the source IP through to the container.

So in other words, the authentication process used by Channels DVR is not compatible with Windows Docker desktop and other Desktops.

Thanks, I will remove Channels DVR from my Windows Docker Desktop.

Yes, it appears that way. I honestly haven’t been able to exhaustively learn exactly how the internals of the network stack operates for Docker Desktop and if there are alternative configurations, so I can’t say authoritatively that it’s not possible to work, but based on the observations of what users have done and what I’ve been able to read, it doesn’t look like it can work.