How do you use PIP?

Sweet.

How do you stop PIP ? using regular remote ? I can stop it with my sofabaton by hitting stop.

1 Like

Now we need multi view !!! :slight_smile: Iā€™m pushing it but you guys are doing great work.

1 Like

Prefer the old way for now using the P could not find a way to stop it using regular FireTV remote ... Had to force shutdown of the APP.

I hate to say it. Tivimate has excellent features for live viewing.

I would love to see Channels implement some of the same things.

• Guide - top left corner is the channel being watched
  • recent channels
  • shortcut to searching from live viewing
  • Reminders
  • Multiview

How were you stopping it before?

By hitting the back button While in fullscreen. If you enable it using the settings you cannot shut PIP down.... using FireTV Remote. Maybe they can use a long Press (play/Pause) button to shut it down.

Thanks. Glad I didn't bother with the beta.

edit...It looks like this is a permanent feature and no longer in beta. The resume/start from beginning option is annoying and not needed for the PIP instance in my opinion. Does anyone disagree with that?

From what the mod told me, there is some limitation that prevents simply adding another button for getting out of PIP.

edit...I spoke too soon and over the last week they have implemented a second "p" button press to get out of PIP. Nice going!

How can I do this on the tivo stream 4K remote ??

I use a Harmony Hub remote. I definitely recommend the Harmony Companion remote and hub if you don't own a good, one remote option.

How about this?

Limited-time deal: Updated SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote with OLED Display and Smartphone APP, All in One Universal Remote Control for up to 15 Entertainment Devices, Compatible with Smart TVs/DVD/STB/Projector so on https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XG1HT7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dlT1_B8ZGK8JJ0SVNDVGTZDBS

Yes, you can use that remote. Choose the "Nvidia Shield" as your device, and assign the key of your choosing to "p".

2 Likes

Will the guide button take me to the guide and the record button kick off recording ?

They'll do whatever you program them to do. (Although, there is no "Guide" button. But the RGYB buttons can be mapped to F1-4, and assigned in the Channels settings.)

How does this remote compare in size to the old harmony 650 remotes? I just pulled out that remote and it felt like a monster remote compared to the tivo stream 4K remote.

Oh and this 650 is only IR...

It's slight smaller and lighter. The number keys are a bit narrow, but overall it's quite comfortable. While not quite as comfortable and fitting in the hand as the 650, I find it a good replacement.

(Also, the app to program it is much better than the bloated and slow Harmony one.

Perhaps we can split this discussion off into its own thread. A thread on PiP has diverged into remotes ...)

Which Harmony setup app are you calling slow and bloated?

I agree that the Windows PC setup app sucks but the Android app for the Harmony hub is light years better for setting up Activities and such.

Harmony home Companion with hub is about the same size and the battery lasted me nearly 2 years.

1 Like

The Windows app, the web-based app, and the iOS app.

1 Like