How to Push Guide Changes to all clients

I have 9 TVs, so going around to all of them to hit Import in Sync Favorite/Hidden for each Source is getting old. Is there a way to just push changes to all of the guides in all of the sources down to all of the clients at once?

Perhaps you're looking for Channel Collections:

Isn't "All Channels" a collection? It's the only one I make available, and I still have to do an Import on every client when I make a change on the server. Maybe I'm missing something.

No, that's simply all of the channels. The preferred method for synchronizing lists of channels is through channel collections.

Otherwise, each client maintains its own separate list of favorite/disabled channels. Channel collections are the prescribed method for ensuring your channels are kept in sync across clients.

(Edit: dastardly typos)

1 Like

I was going to play with this. I created a collection called Everything and was going to add every channel, but I don't have 3 weeks to add all 1000+ channels to the collection one at a time...LOL

The import button on syncs favorite and hidden flags. It has nothing to do with guide data.

What exactly are you noticing is happening beige and after you click Import

There’s no reason to add all your channels to a collection, the app provides a filter for All Channels automatically.

When I unhide a channel in my line up on the server, I need to go around to all of the clients and do an import of that source in order for it to appear. This also happens when I hide a channel on the server, I need to go around to all of the clients and do an import for it to go away. All I use it "All Channels", I keep no other collections available. I've been playing around with this for a while now, but I can't get it to be automatic.

1 Like

Have you tried force closing the app on the client? What about clearing the app's cache?

I have not tried that, but I might as well hit import if I have to go through all of that with every client.

Gotcha. It sounds like you find yourself hiding and unhiding channels very often?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

1 Like

LOL ... thank you ... typed too fast, and autocorrect doesn't apply to actual words.

The HDHR tuners are constantly (every couple of days) finding new channels that don't work, or I don't want, and I have to go hide them. Hiding them on the HDHRs themselves does nothing in Channels for some reason.

2 Likes