Hulu Live TVE authentication is failing

Did the source get added to Channels?
I have Xfinity, yours will probably say Hulu. It shows up under Basic Setup in the Settings tab.

Once you get the Hulu source added you can rescan individual channels by clicking the # channels link under your source, then click the Edit button in the upper right of the window that pops up.
Screenshot_2021-01-02 Channels DVR(3)

After 24 TWENTY FOUR (I counted them) rounds of CAPTCHA bull I finally got Hulu logged in on the DVR.

1 Like

Hulu TVE auth is failing for me. The progress arrow twirls and I never get a capthca to complete. It just times out. Screen shots below.

What browser?

Google Chrome, Mac OS Big Sur.

Just tried on Safari and it seems to be working

1 Like

Hulu Live TVE is not working for me. I enter username and password, click Sign In and it just spins. Checked logs and looks like it's attempting to authenticate for nbcentertainment, which seems to be the first one. It never gets past this. I've let it sit for over a day, but no luck.

Had same issue when I tried to add back hulu-live TVE but after entering un/pw would just spin for a few several seconds and finally display auth-error. Then I'd get a verification code from hulu.com but by then I could not enter it because the spinning page never offered entry of it (looked like same as posted by [jamiemlewis58] on March 4th).

After reading all the possible solutions decided to try a few things such as:

1. from linux laptop login to hulu.com using Chrome browser and removed an unused device. Noticed it offers entry for a verification code... maybe can use when one arrives.
  2. logged out and login again to hulu.com

Then went back and added Hulu-live as another source on ChannelsDVR server... this time it did not error but started reporting scanning for authorized channels on hulu... Perhaps the re-login and/or removing a device avoids the captcha and verification code...

Others may want to try above what worked for me.

Hi All!
I was having an issue with some dropped local TV channels in the New York region using HULU live as my source. I had added HULU live quite some time ago so it was my DVR source for a long time. I had lost channels 2 (CBS) and 5 (FOX) for some reason and recently decided to see what I could do to get them back. Tried to go the rescan route from the DVR source but that did not help. So I tried to do a clean slate approach and that did not work out so well. I had 152 viewable channels on the DVR before doing this. I deleted HULU live as my DVR source then I went to my HULU account page and deleted all my devices including the one that said TVE device which was the DVR I would guess? So now both sides are "CLEAN" so I went back to my RPi DVR and added HULU live as the source as I have done in the past and entered my un/pw and hit submit and all the fun begins! Does not have to do with captcha but HULU now when you log in sends a 2FA code via email you have to input when logging in for the first time with a new device and since I deleted all my registered devices earlier on HULU any device is now a new device and therein lies the problem. If I do this from a web page or HULU app for ROKU or FIRETV there is a place to enter the 2FA code and the device is registered with HULU. On my DVR I see that screen but it is only an image I can not enter the 2FA code. Can getchannels offer a way I can input the forced 2FA code from HULU?
HULU offers two ways to authenticate ...

One is with a un/pw method which now forces you to use the 2FA code they email you when you do this on a new device for the first time. If the DVR offered a way to input the 2FA code this would not be an issue.

Two is HULU offers an Activation CODE when a device first tries to log in - if getchannels would offer me to select HULU live as my provider and take my un/pw but instead of trying to authenticate just my un/pw but offer me that Activation Code so I can go to HULU website and input that Activation Code I should them be able to come back to getchannels screen to hit a button to do the un/pw authentication afterward or some sequence similar to that?

So anyone else currently having this issue with HULU live and getting the DVR as an authenticated device on their HULU acct page under Manage Devices? All I wanted to do was try and get back a few channels I use to have but now I have no channels and if I can not get my rPi device registered again on my HULU account not sure I can see keeping getchannels, but I do love it, but I need to have it working - with HULU. Maybe there is a simple solution that I have overlooked? Please let me know if you know of a workaround for this issue!

Thanks!
George

The image shows what the DVR gets back as a failure - the un/pw is correct it fails because as a new device HULU now requires a 2FA code to be input but the page is just an image with no way to input that code. This needs to be addressed. Thanks!

Hi!
Well as fate would have it - I just tried to add HULU live again as a source (3 days later) and like magic, everything clicked all the channels I subscribe to on HULU live were now available on the DRV! I have no idea if this was a fix or a fluke but all is back to the way it use to be with all the local channels too!
Great!
Thank you!
-GeoZervo

I had stations disappearing from the channels list provided by Hulu Live. I tried scanning channels again but they failed to be added back. I was running on the stable version. I upgraded to the latest development version, 2023.01.10.0105, and tried again and channels still were not added back. I removed the Hulu Live source and tried adding it back. I'm getting cable provider authentication failed messages. I tried in 3 browsers. I can login to Hulu Live TV in all three browsers. Also successfully logged into NBC live in the browsers. This is under Ubuntu using Iron (Chromium), Falkon, and Waterfox (Firefox). Any ideas?

On Hulu Login | Hulu click "Manage Devices", then click "Remove" next to "TV Everywhere"

Thanks, that worked. Added back along with all the channels.

1 Like

The code they are sending to me every time does not work.

Entering the email code there does not work for tve. Try hitting remove on the web browser(s). Sometimes this works right away and sometimes it takes a day to work.

I tried that and no go

The same problem I reported about 3 weeks ago happened again. Tried a rescan of all channels, and then removed the Hulu Live source and tried adding it back. The only listings under Manage Devices for Hulu is the browser I logged into to check the devices and an Android TV login for the Hulu app. The Hulu Live login under channels is showing the cable provider authentication failed message. I've got version 2023.01.31.0414 version. Any ideas as to what I need to do?

If you've already followed the instructions from this thread, then it would appear that you need to submit diagnostics as suggested here in such a friendly manner;

That doesn't make sense. I'm having this same problem but the tve isn't in the list of devices to manage because it can't login. What is the logic in removing something from allowed devices to fix this problem?

I’m having the same issue. Nothing to remove in devices and cannot authenticate but logging in works just fine.