Hulu Live TVE authentication is failing

I would only say to be patient as the support team here has been great since I started... they are much more responsive than the customer service at almost any other company especially during the pandemic...

1 Like

It would be good to get a status update from the developers on this... :neutral_face:

Hulu has changed their authentication scheme. We're working on supporting the changes. We'll report back when we have some conclusions.

1 Like

Is there any way to get a temporary workaround until a permanent fix can be developed? If there was someway that the users could get the login screen that is being shown when the error occurs that might be a temporary solution that allows us to get our content back in channels.

I also have same problem.
Tried different computers, different Internet providers.
Same reCAPTCHA error.

Same issue here... Hopefully we will have a solution soon.
Thank you to the support team for working toward a solution on this

2 Likes

goonies

2 Likes

I am not an expert but with the captcha, it looks like Hulu Live is trying to prevent exactly what Channels is trying to do. Hopefully the Devs can find a way to handle it, but I’m guessing it’s not going to be easy...

I would agree to a certain point but there does still seem to be some caching of credentials once you are logged in so there may be some hope there... at least in the browser there seems to be some sort of caching going on...

In the browser I have personally witnessed HGTV and other TVE enable websites work with only selecting Hulu Live as your TV "source" and no login was needed...

1 Like

I'm having this issue as well. Has anyone found a solution, or are we just waiting and hoping that the devs come up with a fix?

Can't figured out. Browser does not ask for reCAPTCHA. Maybe something with Flash been discontinued? No solution so far?

I just checked for a new pre-release version and the Devs have enabled the reCAPTCHA to pass through so you can select the images.

1 Like

I just downloaded the new version and tried it. Captcha would not let me verify, kept presenting new challenges even though it was solved correctly. Just submitted logs.

1 Like

I think that issue is Hulu... I have experienced that as well even in the browser...

Woohoo ! I was able to add Hulu Live back in as a source and have all my channel back now... That said, the captcha images were so small I connected my laptop to my larger monitor and "zoomed in" so that I could accurately pick the images... I am using a MacBook and Safari... Please know that after passing the captcha verification you still need to click the "Login" button.

The captcha process was... let's say "involved". I got my Hulu channels back, but it probably took about 40 different captchas before I finally fooled it into thinking I'm human. The window definitely needs to be larger to be able to see, and even when you can see it, it still seems to fail most of the time. But a big thank you to the devs for implementing this. I just hope this doesn't need to be like a weekly thing to attempt the captcha hell.

Yep. It was the same way for me. "I'm clicking the damn bus!!! Crap, now they want a bike!!!"

Yep, the captcha "hell"... I have even gotten it when logging into hulu using my browser so this is NOT an issue with Channels... Hulu is to blame for the captcha "hell" they have created... as far as size of the image I was able to "zoom in" using my larger monitor and Safari on my Mac so that I could see it well enough to accurately pick the correct tiles...

Thanks to dea321 for letting us know that you need to be persistent with solving the sequential captchas and eventually you should be authorized. I had to make multiple attempts before it was finally able to log into Hulu TVE and add my channels.

+1 to somehow make the captcha much larger.

Big thumbs up to the devs for figuring this out!!!! Thank you!!

If someone could share a screenshot where the captchas are too small that will help me figure out what's going on.