Important ESET and Channels = ESET deleting the latest Channels Release

I am not sure what happened but when channels was installing the new version early this AM but ESET didn't like the new channels and deleted the exe from my system. Breaking channels. I had to uninstall ESET and then reinstall channels to get the DVR working. Anyone else have any strange happenings last night?

ESET has some issue with the new file and it deleted it again.

I have added an exclusion for that directory for the time being.

What is an ESET?

1 Like

ESET in an antivirus program.

How did you add the exclusion? The option to "restore and exclude from scanning" is greyed out for me in the quarantine. Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Ken

Go to setup, Computer Protection, Click on the gear icon, edit exclusions. Then add these paths.

This has prevented NOD33/ESET from deleting channels.

1 Like

Thanks, I will do this. I submitted the channels-dvr.exe to Eset for analysis. Hopefully it will be whitelisted soon.

I did the same about a month ago. I have yet to hear anything from them. Hopefully they will soon.

Any reason why you have C:\ProgramData\ChannelsDVR* on there twice? Just wondering if that was by design.

Thanks again

UPDATE:

This is not working for me. I had to uninstall Eset. :frowning:

I don't recall why I did it twice. But after I did it stopped it.

Ah, I may try that. Eset is being stubborn and ignoring the exclusions. Right now I have uninstalled it :frowning:

3 Likes

Sorry but that is laughable.

sure it is

I’m interested to know why this is not a good idea. It’s the approach I’ve followed on Windows for many years now, with no obvious downside?

The only Antivirus on my system is windows 10 defender ... I have found others cause more problems than the potential of getting a virus not detected by Windows defender.

All I need ...
Windows Defender
Windows firewall
A good Router with a great Firewall and Port forwarding. (automatic turned off)

4 Likes

virustotal.com

for instant malware analysis