Imports?

Works great with regular (non 4K) ATV as well!

Gonna play with this some more.

First things I’m noticing—

• When importing all of my new content, it treats the items as “recently added” based on when the scanner got to the files, whatever order that was in. It would be nice for initial import if it would order the files based on the file’s datetime so newer files would show up as more recent.
  • Seeing several things with bad matches (will make a list and look at sources later) where it seems the scanner should have had bad confidence it it’s choice. It would be nice if “low confidence” matches were flagged and not shown in the library until dealt with OR show them but use the file name and don’t associate artwork etc with the low confidence match. Because of this issue it makes finding bad matches very difficult.
  • It would be nice if I could somehow sync my watched/unwatched state with PLEX or maybe export the data from PLEX and import into channels.
  • There are a ton of genres. I think this is due to the data sources. I would really love to have a more narrow list of genres AND I would like the movie’s primary genre to be considered the genre. Without this it is not great browsing by genres because there are so many and switching between them shows lots of the same movies.

Having an issue fixing an incorrect match because the movie I’m looking for as the correct match is never in the list no matter how I search. I think I’ve seen this for a couple of others as well.

Thanks!

Folder structure: Movies/9 (2009)/9 (2009)[480p].mkv

This is the correct movie:

Here is a screenshot of the attempt:

A few others giving me issues:

2 Guns (2013) with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg
Alien 3 (1992)... 3 is a superscript in movie title

Our data provider is having issues with titles that have numbers in them. As dumb as that sounds, it's true. We're not happy about it. But I want to make sure you all understand the explanation for that.

1 Like

Tried this out about a month ago when I first migrated over to my RaspberryPi DVR. Copied over some TV episodes that I wanted to keep - it found metadata for most of them and I was able to find the correct metadata for one remaining show via the web interface. Thought it was cool then. Yesterday I moved over a DVD/movie rip. Worked perfectly. Love that I can use the Channels app for my other-than-TV video content and don't need to jump out to something else.

I just found this feature yesterday as I was setting up my new raspberry pi and I was going to ask about plex integration, but that is not needed due to this features. Super sweet thanks. It did not do the best at finding the right meta data but the web interface was good enough to fix most of it. Oddly enough I cannot find Frozen II in your database. Am I missing something? And if it just is not there is there a method to manually add the right data?

For Frozen II, enter this into the search box: MV010390160000

How about X-Men? I can’t find it no matter what I search. Is there a database we can search for the ID numbers if we can’t find a match?

I also had Frozen II that wasn’t picked up and I couldn’t search for it. The post above solved that - Thank you!

I ran a google search on the Frozen II ID : MV010390160000

Not many results, but:

Search for movie, then hover over the "watch now" (note I do not have an account, so I can't actually "watch").

In the link, you should see the MV # , and looking at X-Men, I see:

MV000861010000

You can also use zap2it.com to find the IDs but it’s not 100% foolproof either.

You use the ID in the search box when you Fix Incorrect Match

Hi, I used this feature a few months ago now to import some files when it was pretty new, and I would like to batch remove them as I want to add a new folder where I've moved most of my media files to.
Currently I have no media folders attached to the DVR and Prune Deleted and Scan Sources don't do anything to remove the videos. Is there a command I can run somewhere to remove the current entries I have, as manually deleting about 600 videos might take a while. Thanks!

You can delete the source path and it should delete all the movies imported from that path.

Hi thanks for the reply, but my main problem is that the source path is no longer there on my DVR. I'm guessing there was a point while this was such an early feature when I used it that it's got stuck in a state where the media is still shown but there's no source folder

If you add the path again then wait and delete it that should work.

This solved the above problem, all the old files were correctly removed. Thanks!

Can there be a customizable field added in the metadata for sorting purposes. Running in to where there a movie sequels but are not sorting by sequence like Harry Potter Movies. It only sorts by title and not by sequence or dates. I think because some titles may be extended editions or special editions of those dates are what's being sorted instead of actually years of realease.

Also another question: I currently have set up a mount remote folder linked from my second NAS that has all my ripped and recorded content to Channels import folder. Is Channels just mirroring this folder or it actually downloading files to channels import folder. I can't tell if the files are actually on the NAS Channels DVR is running on, and if I trash something, is the file getting deleted from mounted remote folder and not from Channels import folder.

That's how I have my Imports setup but I use a read-only remote SMB mount so Channels can't delete anything. The files stay on your remote NAS and are not copied. If you delete one from within Channels it will delete it on the mounted remote folder, that's why my mounts are read-only now.

In the latest client betas, you can now set Allow Delete to Just DVR Recordings.

In the latest server prerelease, you can now force all your clients to have specific settings. See Beta - Server Side Client Settings

4 Likes

Has this issue been addressed? My search and personal experience indicates the answer is "no".

This is a minor annoyance for me, but it would be major deal for my wife. Any chance of a fix?

Good morning!

I've started adding all my TV Shows from Plex into Channels, and I'm noticing an issue. I have my files named using data from TVDB, but this is not matching Gracenote's data. So majority of the episodes in a show are not being matched up.

Is there any plan to add tvdb support for shows like you added tvdb support for movies?

Thanks!

2 Likes