IMPROVED: Skipped and cancelled recordings .. Preempted Fox OTA

Yesterday all FOX OTA Prime time were preempted by NEWS because of the Baseball games in the West Coast. I canceled them ... what is the easiest way to re-record them because the guide data said Masked Singer and Lego masters but it was all News ? The only way to insure that shows get re-recorded is to set pass to record deleted.

Saw that scenario coming when I read this post

Now I have to re-train myself on what Cancel and Skip means.
I sometimes cancel an in-progress recording or skip recording an airing for many reasons.
Not airing what guide says it is, Cancel/Skip this airing to record a repeat later to avoid tuner exhaustion, etc.

The only other way I know of to unmark what it's now marking as recorded when you cancel/skip is the curl mark as not recorded method which deletes the entry from /dvr/programs, or find a future airing in the guide and mark ii as not recorded.

1 Like

Yeah I am still waiting on an answer on how to re-record these.? If I canceled them something that can be done from the UI when you cancel them.... Like Cancel/delete wrong recording.

I am sure this is going to happen a lot on the next few weeks with the baseball playoffs on..
Edit
I see they are scheduled to be recorded next week the episodes that were pre-empted. Guess because I set pass to re-record deleted ?

I think re-record deleted should bypass everything....

Trying to figure out how to Skip a 9PM airing to record a repeat later at 12AM to avoid tuner exhaustion.
i.e. New episode airs at 9PM, repeats at 12AM. Want to skip the 9PM and record the 12AM because all tuners will be in use at 9PM recording other shows. Only thing I can think of is babysitting the DVR by pausing that pass before 9PM, then resuming it at 10PM after the 9PM airing.

Outside of the GUI I could always do manual curl generated recordings, but that's not what I want.

My guess also. It sees the /dvr/programs entry for the episode (that says skipped instead of recorded) and doesn't see the /dvr/files entry for the recorded episode, so assumes it was recorded and deleted.

If the program is selected because of a pass, and the 9pm recording cannot start (because of unavailable tuners, etc.), my experience has been that the next airing of that particular episode (such as the midnight re-airing) will record without incident. Are you saying your experience has been different?

1 Like

As long as that 9pm Pass is lower in priority than any of the others... and does not start earlier.

Thanks racameron.
No, I've just been pro-active in making sure I watch my schedules for conflicts and I never actually let Channels DVR handle it.
Will give it a try.

True. Forgot about that as I never adjust PASS Priorities since I basically have a server for each source (Pluto, Frndly, TVE, HDHR).
But now that I'm weaning myself off the unreliable TVE source (where I would have scheduled this recording) and relying on a three tuner Prime, I'm seeing more conflicts.

Since I have an HDHR Prime, the only reason I've been using TVE is to get some networks in HD that my Prime only gets in SD. That and helping test TVE for FancyBits,

1 Like

So, is your situation confirmed, or is this simply FUD?

We'll find out

Since I started with Channels DVR, that was one of my first questions.
How does it handle scheduled recording conflicts vs. recources.
I was told to just buy more tuners.
Hence me being pro-active in avoiding them so what I schedule records.

So you dis-believed first-hand information, used that as the basis to buy over-priced hardware, and then carried on the belief to influence others, all without any evidence?

This is my tuner setups ... and Priority. No worries about conflicts.

1.All OTA Channels on Connects are favored... 3 Devices ... 2 where enough but recently bought an ASTC 3.0

2.All Cable channels favored but the SD and the ones I get on OTA. 2 Primes
3.TVE Nothing Favored
4.Pluto Nothing favored.

PS Fox TVE is disabled.

I'm still only using one HDHR Prime as posted in my original question here from Feb. 2018

I sold the HDHR Duo I mentioned, so only have one HDHR.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.