I’m all over the place so I created a new Topic. Only about 30 minutes of playing around so far. Let me start by saying great beta. I have downloaded too many Apps with years of development that aren’t as stable.
The Setup *
Channels Beta Version 6/27
Ipad Air 2 iOS 9.3.2
Single HDHomeRun EXTEND
Asus RT-AC68P wireless router
Antenna content with 40-50 stations
While watching Live TV *
- Application performance is excellent.
- Beautiful HD channel display. Are you using transcoding or full MPEG2 stream?
- Controls for Rewind,Pause,Fast Forward disappear quickly. Recommend increasing delay.
- Could Airplay icon be added to play screen?
-Performance of Rewind and Fast Forward within buffer is amazing. Could you add ability to scrub through buffer?
- Would it be possible to pause show and buffer for a period of time to go to other App. Currently app restarts play at current location when you return to Channels app. Not sure if Apple allows you to run in the background?
On Now *
Does not display anything for me
- I Really like the Grid. Like current show different color and going out two or three shows works well without paying for multi-week guide content. Could similar grid option be added to AppleTV App?
- Like Group Selection - Again would like this in AppleTV App
- Experienced a lockup. Went from All Channels to HD Channels which updated the channel grid but then I could not select any channels on the grid. Hit Settings to get out. Could not replicate issue.
- Channel Card is nice. Could screen press outside of card return to guide?
- Movie Card. Could rating be displayed as stars instead of (2.0/4.0)?
- Favorites - could not find way to set favorite channels and they weren’t imported from AppleTV setup. Not implemented yet?
- When I select a group with no current channels available for selection could there be something indicating no channels were found? Blank screen could be scary to average user.
- Settings *
Display App Version. May not be available because of beta?
Deinterlacing Mode - No indication there are options (maybe dropdown)