Intermittent video stuttering

1. Just submitted diagnostics after replicating the playback error when tuner sharing is on.
  2. I just RESOLVED the video stuttering issue by moving the channels application back to the Sony internal memory. It was previously installed on an external usb stick which caused the stuttering issue probably due to write buffer issues. I would suggest if you could trap this kind of error and provide an appropriate message to the user.
    Thank you for all that tried to assist in resolving the stuttering problem. I had the app installed on the usb stick in order to have a larger replay buffer. Will have to try other usb sticks to see if it is a compatibility issue
    Peter
1 Like

The app on your TV is reporting that it cannot connect to your DVR for streaming.

08-16 05:16:16.402 8455 8650 V libchannels: libchannels: Get "http://10.0.0.97:8089/devices/15102475/channels/26.1/stream.mpg": dial tcp 10.0.0.97:8089: connect: connection refused -> Get "http://10.0.0.97:8089/devices/15102475/channels/26.1/stream.mpg": dial tcp 10.0.0.97:8089: connect: connection refused

Then why does it work when I turn the share tuner option off. Would it help if I send you another diagnostic when it is working?

Because your client is getting the stream directly from the tuner, bypassing the DVR.

(The tuner sharing option tells the client to use the DVR server as its delegate to receive streams from HDHomeRun tuners. By default—without tuner sharing—each client will contact the tuner directly, and the tuner will send the stream directly to the client, as if there were no DVR server.)

@racameron
When I have tuner sharing "on" I am able to start a recording from the guide. Then when I click on the recorded program it gives me the option to "Watch Recording" or "Watch Live". The "Watch Recording" option works but the "Watch Live" fails. I must be successfully connecting to the DVR server is the "Watch Recording" is working. Correct?

@tmm1
I just sent two diagnostics in a row. One when working correctly the other when it fails. Hopefully you may be able to see the difference.

Thanks Again

Tuner sharing only relates to streams from HDHomeRun tuners. A regular connection to your DVR must be maintained; that's the nature of a client-server architecture.

From my outside perspective, it makes no sense that with tuner sharing enabled that the "Watch Live" function would not work if a recording is being made, because the DVR would already have the stream from the tuner. If that is indeed what is happening, then I have no explanation to offer.

I just noticed that the client is trying to access the default port number "8089". I am using docker and am using port "9089" so when I connected to the server I used "10.0.0.97:9089". Could the error be caused by the software defaulting to port 8089 instead of taking it from the connection input string?

.... Just answered my own question. I connected to another server using the default port number and tuner sharing on works fine. Is it possible to have the software take into account the port number from the input when tuner sharing is on?

@tmm1, @racameron
Thank you guys for your assistance in debugging this issue.

1 Like

Please try the beta apk

Awesome!!! Works like a champ.
Thank you for your support and fast response.
Peter

2 Likes