Introducing PrismCast: Browser-based Live TV Capture for Channels DVR and Plex

It's currently a fork that is patched. I'm vibe coding it so someone who actually knows what they are doing can make it better.

I will try and get it working soon . I need to figure out how often it needs to occur.

ESPN is almost perfect. It loads right when it dies after an event but it does a weird load that makes it load again due to the strict url being resolved in a weird way. I have an idea to do a baton handoff from a guide data scrape that will make it very smooth. That's how peacock works

Got a question on FruitDeepLinks and Prismcast using ESPN.
I have got it setup, it looks good. The autoselect doesn't work, but I found one that works especially for ESPN which is Keyboard Dynamic.
The guide is working properly, but when I click on a game, it will play for a good 10 to 20 seconds, then it stops playing. I checked on Prismcast using VNC and it opens up the page perfectly and it is playing in the browser, but it just won't play on TV or even the channelsdvr web app. I have tried every single of the profile options and found only 2 that seem to work a little, but my issue is that it only plays for a few seconds, while within prismcasts browser it looks like it's playing just fine.

OK so I got a weird one here. Currently the PBS Feeds docker is down waiting for a cert update, so I switched back to Prism to get my local PBS. But for some reason now when the Chrome instance brings up www.pbs.org/livestream, I only get 480p and it won't switch to HD. However if I start a new Chrome instance on the same server, it starts and runs as 720p?!? This just happened recently.

Anyone else seeing this?

All of a sudden I am receiving closed captions from Prismcast. I cannot turn them off from within Channels. Any ideas?

1 Like

When you authenticate that channel, turn the closed captions off in that tab. Hopefully, that should fix it.

That seems to have worked. Thank you.

Is there any fix for the constant tab replacements / Detected 10 consecutive undersized segments?
This is making Prismcast as a source unwatchable.
Using Prismcast in Docker on Windows. Chrome is Version 149.0.7827.201.

1 Like

What are the specs on your Windows PC?

1 Like

Its a Beelink Mini PC

  • Model: Beelink EQI12
  • CPU: Intel i3-1220P
  • Memory: 16GB DDR4

This problem has only just started for me. Sometimes play will be problem-free for hours; other times it will tab refresh every 3-4 minutes.

Would changing to a native installation help?

Yes, per many posts above, pretty much everyone on Docker in Windows (myself included) has found the performance and issues intolerable and switched to native.

I figured. Changing now. Thanks.

I have this issue both in a QNAP NAS docker container and also on just Windows OS native. Dell P5540 32GB Ram
... Detected 10 consecutive undersized segments (473KB) - capture pipeline may have stalled
... Tab replacement complete. New capture started with segment continuity.
... Recovered in 13.7s via tab replacement.

I had the same problem running Prismcast on windows docker desktop. I can tell you that after switching to a native installation, the problem of tab replacements is gone.

Unfortunately, Windows Docker Desktop does not support iGPU acceleration, and is generally not recommended for any container that requires significant resources.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how to get apple to work with FruitDeepLinks? There were two mlb games today on apple, and FDL had them both with the correct links, but in Prismcast it opens up the link, but doesn't finish the click watch so it has to be manually done each time.

1 Like

what was the actual provider that FruitDeepLinks called? i'll take a look.

it was apple tv. Next time there's an apple mlb game I'll try to get the full link.

Same thing with the links for MLS games on apple tv. Gets you to the page for the game, but does not hit the 2 more buttons needed (watch and then join live, or somesuch like that). I'll see if I can grab a link as well.

FDL link for MLS game going on right now is

This gets you to the game page but a button called "watch" is not hit, which then brings up another pop-up with a button called "watch live" that also needs to be hit.