I'm assuming you're running Prismcast directly on your system and not via Docker then? I'll have to test rolling back Prismcast to an earlier version. Not sure how to just roll back chrome on the docker setup.
Yes I run Channels DVR and Prismcast on a dedicated mini I5 HP Prismcast is up to latest 1.13 it was Chrome that is the problem
Since I'm running the docker version of this, I rolled back to v1.12.1. This fixed the full screen issue. I'm guessing v1.13.0 has the latest version of Chrome on it, I didn't check before rolling back.
I was able to get this working in a Windows 11 VM with intel gpu passthrough on proxmox. On the first try I was getting video but no sound. After some troubleshooting the issue was chrome audio failing due to missing invariant Time Stamp Counter (TSC) on my proxmox host cpu config.
Adding a custom cpu type in /etc/pve/virtual-guest/cpu-models.conf containing:
cpu-model: prismcast-host-invtsc
flags +invtsc
phys-bits host
reported-model host
fixed the missing sound.
Is there a profile/configuration available for Verizon FIOS?
Agreed. I'm still running PrismCast 1.12.1 and Chrome just updated from v153 to v154 this morning and now I'm seeing letterboxed playback on all Chrome capture channels, but not on native HLS channels.
Updating to PrismCast v1.13.0 did NOT fix it.
Agreed. Seeing same here.
Not preconfigured
I was wondering the same thing. I tried created a custom channel for Verizon FIOS but couldn’t get it to work. Has anyone gotten it to work with FIOS with custom channels?
I looked into it. I think it's a bug in a newer version - not Chrome related. It is not present in v1.1
Could be, but the update in Chrome from v153 to v154 is what triggered the letterboxing to start in PrismCast v1.12.1.
Did you mean v1.11?
Wish there was a way to downgrade the version using brew on macOS.
yea probably 1.11 
you can't downgrade? thats wild.
Not when using "The recommended way to install PrismCast on macOS"
https://github.com/hjdhjd/prismcast#homebrew-macos
you are right btw - looks like it's a combination of Chrome 154 AND the new version of Prism.
1.11.1 with 154 works if you can find a way to downgrade.
Maybe @hjd will come up with a way to downgrade using homebrew.
This is the third time it would have been useful.
Still on v 1.1.11 with Chrome 153
Something in the PrismCast log (with debugging enabled) I don't know if it's new. All my captured channels are showing this now.
[DEBUG:browser:video] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen verification failed (attempt 1/3). Retrying after 500ms.
[DEBUG:browser:video] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen verification failed (attempt 2/3). Retrying after 500ms.
[WARN] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen failed after 3 attempts. Escalating to aggressive fullscreen.
[DEBUG:browser:video] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen succeeded after aggressive techniques.
[2026/09/30 06:34:15.660 PM] [DEBUG:browser:lifecycle] [awe-t3nqek] The window reported its restore complete after 0ms (1 reads).
[2026/09/30 06:34:15.703 PM] [DEBUG:browser:lifecycle] [awe-t3nqek] Emulated the capture surface at 1920x1080 with a pixel density of 1.
[2026/09/30 06:34:15.735 PM] [DEBUG:timing:startup] [awe-t3nqek] Capture acquired in 30ms.
[2026/09/30 06:34:15.739 PM] [DEBUG:native:intercept] [awe-t3nqek] HLS playlist observer installed.
[2026/09/30 06:34:16.489 PM] [DEBUG:native:intercept] [awe-t3nqek] Channel selection epoch stamped at wire sequence 0.
[2026/09/30 06:34:16.493 PM] [DEBUG:timing:tune] [awe-t3nqek] Video context found. (+4ms)
[2026/09/30 06:34:16.538 PM] [DEBUG:browser:video] [awe-t3nqek] Video state after scroll: readyState=0, paused=true, muted=true, 0x0, src=none.
[2026/09/30 06:34:17.306 PM] [DEBUG:timing:tune] [awe-t3nqek] Video ready. (+817ms)
[2026/09/30 06:34:17.510 PM] [DEBUG:browser:video] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen verification failed (attempt 1/3). Retrying after 500ms.
[2026/09/30 06:34:18.211 PM] [DEBUG:browser:video] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen verification failed (attempt 2/3). Retrying after 500ms.
[2026/09/30 06:34:18.914 PM] [WARN] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen failed after 3 attempts. Escalating to aggressive fullscreen.
[2026/09/30 06:34:19.117 PM] [DEBUG:browser:video] [awe-t3nqek] Fullscreen succeeded after aggressive techniques.
[2026/09/30 06:34:19.117 PM] [DEBUG:timing:tune] [awe-t3nqek] Playback ensured. (+2628ms)
[2026/09/30 06:34:19.118 PM] [DEBUG:browser:lifecycle] [awe-t3nqek] The window reported its restore complete after 0ms (1 reads).
[2026/09/30 06:34:19.118 PM] [DEBUG:timing:startup] [awe-t3nqek] Page with capture ready. Total: 3460ms.
[2026/09/30 06:34:19.119 PM] [DEBUG:native:coordinator] [awe-t3nqek] Attempting native streaming for awe.
[2026/09/30 06:34:20.620 PM] [DEBUG:native:intercept] [awe-t3nqek] Interception finalized in 4883ms but no HLS playlist was captured.
[2026/09/30 06:34:20.620 PM] [DEBUG:native:coordinator] [awe-t3nqek] No manifest intercepted for awe in 1501ms. Falling back to capture.
[2026/09/30 06:34:20.621 PM] [awe-t3nqek] Streaming AWE: YouTube TV, youtubeTV, FFmpeg [⚡ H264]. Tuned in 3.5s (direct).
Thank you! This fixed my 'wife acceptance' issue with PrismCast. I find it runs quite acceptably on an N100 minipc, but I couldn't switch if the recordings did not fill the screen.
Running in a Linux docker and chrome is still on v 1.52 and I'm running v1.12.1 of PrismCast. Did an AI search on how to prevent chrome from updating in the docker until I am ready to once a fix is in place and was given these instructions. Others know better than I, but if you are on Linux Docker and not yet experienced this, may want to consider doing this inside the docker bash:
apt-mark hold google-chrome-stable
And of course, don't update your docker until a fix has been confirmed.