IPTVX, iProTV and Quadstream: Multiview via Channels

I don't have any issue using it on the iPad and iPhone, the functionality and UI is the same as on the Apple TV. It's a lot better UI then others multiview apps out there so far. This is my go to multview app for now until others come out with a better solution.

I just picked up 2 more CableCARDs from Comcast now I have total of 6 CableCARDs and that's 18 streams at once.

I'm not looking forward to it, if it multiview for sport contents only and they better not port stage manager to Apple TV and call it multiview.

Liking this iptvx app a lot. What are the player settings you all are using? Not sure what to use from a hardware acceleration or deinterlacer standpoint

Player settings left as defaults

TV Live & TV Guide -> Style -> Horizontal -> Hide Live Channels image, Live Preview, and On-player preview (it’s too slow to load preview with HLS)

EPGs -> Set to 12 hours

Generals -> Initial tab -> TV Live on tvOS and TV Guide on iOS with Live Preview set to Show

Great tips! Thanks again. I changed those settings, assigned my preferred multiview channels as favorites, got the hang of choosing channels on-the-fly, and the app feels much more usable now. I appreciate the info! Setting it up on AppleTV and iPad is great but multiview on the 2nd display while I work on my M1 Mac is kind of divine :slight_smile:

One feature on my wishlist is for the guide to have a marker on any channel that's already playing in multiview, so it's easier to pick unique ones for each spot on the grid.

3 Likes

Speaking of multiview... I just discovered this Dell S2722QC includes PIP (and PBP) support, so I popped in an extra AppleTV in HDMI2. The multitasking possibilities now feel endless :joy:

"Yo Dawg, I heard you like multiview so I put multiview in your mulitiview so you can multitask while you work."

1 Like

Channels DVR + Six stages at Coachella weekends + Kister Method + IPTVX =

Custom Channels' Source URL, with 90-minute blocks for guide data:

https://kister.net/mpl/yt2m3u8?v=1-3L7Uw5yEs,c=90000,ph=5400&v=3HYVAL-52PM,c=90001,ph=5400&v=P8T81_n28L4,c=90002,ph=5400&v=wbZ9rP74cRE,c=90003,ph=5400&v=M7tholO-Ob0,c=90004,ph=5400&v=9hdFg3rnOXI,c=90005,ph=5400

3 Likes

Apple TV+ Multiview beta just went live for MLS Season Pass + MLB Friday Night Baseball and it looks beautiful. You can set the grid layout on the fly to 2x2, 1x3, 1x1 and move them around as you like and go to full screen.

Unfortunately, it's only for the Apple TV+ app😢

Thanks. Coachella is awesome.
Ive been putting this integration off. So basic Qs

1. Are you throwing the m3u to the iptv app and watching multi view there or vice versa
  2. Of the headlined iptv apps here, which one is recommended in particular to integrate cameras for multi view.
1 Like
  1. The former
  2. IPTVX

IPTVX costs a few bucks but it's worth it IMO. And here's the recommended method to sync your channels list from Channels DVR to IPTVX app:
Create a new playlist using "M3U playlist via URL"

Playlist Name: Channels DVR (or whatever you'd like to call it)
Playlist's URL: http://YOUR-CHANNELS-DVR-IP:8089/devices/ANY/channels.m3u?format=hls
EPG’s URL: http://YOUR-CHANNELS-DVR- IP:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=604800

(obviously replace with your Channels DVR IP address)

Create this playlist once, and it will sync to all of your devices. IPTVX with Multiview works on iPhone, iPad, M1 Macs, and AppleTV.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This is more reasons why we need native multiview in Channels DVR for Live Sports, News, and Concerts.

1 Like

True, but the interface does look simple and elegant:

If it doesn't expand to tvOS for all apps, let's hope it inspires 3rd party developers like IPTVX, Channels DVR and YouTube TV to add this sort of usability too. Easy, on-the-fly live multiview really is a game-changer for cord-cutters.

Yep. Looks great!

Here are this weekend's live streams, once again from 6 main stages:

https://kister.net/mpl/yt2m3u8?v=3ti6RRk-OVQ,c=90000,ph=5400&v=o7q7ahC5eMI,c=90001,ph=5400&v=3C57SwK9QvY,c=90002,ph=5400&v=RzFS36bQvv0,c=90003,ph=5400&v=dZgeMO52kvg,c=90004,ph=5400&v=7Zv5aSik3Fk,c=90005,ph=5400

Hmm.
Link worked last week but new link shows 6 channels, but none show up in web or on player.

I had to first remove and re-add, in my Channel Collection. Streaming all six now.

Working now. Waited a while and reloaded once. Thanks again. I missed the Friday bands from last time that I like.

1 Like

Found a good deal on a 27” countertop LG TV for the kitchen, seems like a good fit:

1 Like

I tried both IPTVX and iProTv, purchasing the minimum subscription for the former and just buying the latter. IPTVX works OK, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to show “all channels” as an option when scrolling through the EPG - just my playlists. iProTV doesn’t have that problem, but is annoying in that switching any of the views to full screen completely exits mutliview - the only way to get it back is if you saved it. Neither of them seem to allow for differently-sized views - overall, I’d say none of them seem as good as TiviMate on Android (and both seem more sluggish/less reliable, despite the fact that I’m comparing TiviMate on a Chromecast with Google TV to a 2021 Apple TV 4K). Is there any secret to making these work better? At this point just using the Chromecast for multiview seems like a better option…

Of interest to this topic, YouTube TV has further enhanced their version of Multiview, albeit with pre-selected channel choices: sports, news, business, weather etc.

It's a step in the right direction but obviously still needs more. I was hoping that we'd be able to select whatever channels we want in a grid and not just their selected choices, but this note doesn't give me confidence that they're going to pull it off anytime soon.

1 Like