Is there a way to add Spectrum Sportsnet?

I have a subscription to Cox San Diego. I would like to be able to watch the Spectrum Sportsnet channel through Channels Plus/DVR. I am able to log into their website (https://spectrumsportsnet.com/) and watch their live stream with my Cox login.

Thank you for your help and this wonderful program!

Have you added your cox login and setup TV Everywhere in your Channels DVR? Not sure if that particular channel is supported but it might be!

Yes I have added my login. All channels I wanted to watch through this service are available except for this one. I was hoping there was a way to force add the channel on my end. If not maybe program it in.

As I am able to login through their website, I thought there might be a way.

Sportsnet uses antiquated flash technology to stream so it's not compatible with our DVR

Thank you for your quick reply. I was surprised to see I needed flash to play the content when I tried it earlier today. Your response makes perfect sense. Hopefully in the future they will change their content delivery.

Thanks again

Isn't Google dropping Flash soon? I get a pop up Everytime I open chrome m

I hear ya O.P. Having my Lakers games included in this app would be a perfect world for me lol. Hopefully the death of flash means changes for the Spectrum streaming services.

Looks like SportsNet website has moved away from Flash now. @tmm1, would you be able to take another look at adding this? https://spectrumsportsnet.com/watch/live/spectrum-sportsnet

+1

Since baseball season is set to start at the end of next week, I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I no longer get the flash warnings when logging onto the Spectrum Sportsnet live stream. Does that mean they've moved on from flash and it might be possible to add to Channels?

Here's to hoping!

I thought all major sports were canceled/shut down or the rest of the year, due to covid.
That's what i saw on the news not to long ago.
Our stadiums in my area are all still closed up.

Baseball and basketball are going to play without fans. I believe the NBA is bringing all the teams to one central location and making them stay there isolated for 3 months to play the shortened season. MLB is going to play in the stadiums, but with no fans. I believe in both cases some players are opting out, either because they aren't comfortable with the plan, or they have Covid. I haven't heard exactly what NFL is doing yet. Ironically NBA's central location is in Florida, where the numbers are spiking again. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. MLB.net refunded about 2/3 of the annual subscription fee because the season is shorter. I've watched some auto racing that restarted and its really weird watching even that with no fans in the stands. Its going to be even more so with these sports where fans are so close to the game play, and the noise is always there. Strange times we are in for sure.

1 Like

The new sportsnet player uses DRM so we cannot integrate it.

Darn. Thanks for looking into it though

This DRM, I believe you had mentioned that AT&T Sportsnet used the same, so we can’t stream that one either. My question is: wouldn’t it be a matter of time before all tv everywhere channels use this sort of thing? Rendering TV everywhere broken permanently? Or are you working on something behind the scenes to record these types of channels?

1 Like

@tmm1 Any update or feedback on this?

Do you have any updates on Spectrum Sportsnet on Channels DVR? I hear they are not using flash any longer. Thank you for your great product. Really enjoy Channels DVR!
John

stremium has spectrum sportsnet, Channels is by far a better service! Hoping Channels can get this work.

1 Like

How about Sportsnet LA (Dodgers). Not on Stremium that I can tell. But it IS on the Spectrum app available outside of the house.

Is it available on the Sportsnet website?