Is there a way to bypass the 500 limit

Is there a way to bypass the 499 channel limit because i have a little more channels than that?

Been wondering that myself. Found this open source project that compiles legitimate, free streams into an .m3u. They also have guide data, although I haven’t been able to get that working yet. I’ve wondered if it’s because of the channel limit (although I realize it’s likely not and something else is wrong)..

you can use this i did last night and I just created multiple sources https://m3u4u.com

Were you able to get guide data working as well?

yes i did go to sources on your server and click on change provider and click on custom url and thats where you put the epg

What URL did you use for the guide? I added the one they had but in the Channels log is says zero listings found... when I open it a browser I can see the data, so not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve added Pluto TV via docker so I have a basic understanding of it.

that website that i gave you earlier you dont put the epg/guide on that site at all you put on your actual server. and I got my epg from my eye pee tee v provider. Only thing that you put on that site is your m3u url playlist

Go to m3u4u.com, upload your m3u and then download using notepad+. Edit the list to to multiple large groups with different names and then add each one as text.

2 Likes

Do you live in the states I'd like you to help me in the phone if possible... I'll even cash app you a couple bucks to help

1 Like

Darn I just noticed that ... I too have more than 500 channels ... I feed my other Channels DVR servers and EMBY from my main Server and did not realize I was missing Channels. I have 649.

This was fixed as long as You are feeding from another ChannelsDVR with the latest pre-release.

Do you know how to resize thumbs and do you know how to do tags and make the system recognize the difference between movies and tv shows

Use your favorite image editor.

Tags for how the channel is displayed in the guide are determined by the M3U playlist. Tags to flag an individual guide entry (such as "New", "HD", "Premiere", etc.) are handled by the XMLTV.

Everything defaults to TV show. To be recognized by Channels as a movie, the supplied XMLTV file must explicitly indicate it. You can do this within either a category or the keyword element in the movie's programme element.

Anyone found an efficient way to edit the m3u to debloat it below 500 channels?

m3u4u or xteve

@tmm1 Is it possible to add feature to hide certain categories/groups of m3u playlist in Custom Channels page or in manage lineup section?

No, you should use an external manager like https://m3u4u.com to filter your enormous m3u into something more usable. You can then add the URL it provides, to Channels.