Issue with dropped frames on ATV beta 11.18.2127

Is the video stuttering too or just the stats are wrong?

Foxnews looked ok so maybe the stats were wrong. Atsc 3 was unwatchable

ATSC3 is fine with default audio, right?

Yeah with the default audio drivers it worked OK.

I updated to the latest build and now it is ok but I am still seeing frames drop like I did with foxnews (on the stats). I'm thinking it may be with just 60fps?.

Thinking it was just a display bug I just tried to watch the football game on fox atsc 3. Then I was watching a replay and I saw the screen stutter, I looked at the stats and the output frames ticked up by 1. So I don't think it is a display bug. I think that it is not as frequent but still happening. Frame drops seem more prominent on 30fps than 60fps. As I'm typing this I looked up for another replay and saw stutter again with the frame drops ticking up.

Sorry for the play by play but it is happening more often now. Submitting diags now

@tmm1 more testing. Went to fox atsc1 720 60fps and frame drops sat at 2 for 15min (pretty normal). They went to commercial and now frame drops are at 3000 and there is visible stutter. Back to the game and the stutter is constant. It was perfect b4 the commercial.

Just submitted diags

Now I switched to the default audio driver and frame drops are still there. Atsc 1 720p60fps experimental video, default audio > than 2000 frame drops

Submitted diags again.

Switched to default video and default audio. Atsc 1 frame drops only happened when I switched to the channel. Been sitting at 13 for 10 min

New build out

Real bad. Stats don't show a large amount of dropped frames but the video was unwatchable with experimental audio and video. Submitted diags

Wait. May not have been on the latest

1 Like

Latest is better but I had a couple times where I had a cluster of frame drops on atsc 3. I submitted diags

Updated to the latest beta. It's better on atsc3 but I am still dropping frames with noticeable stutter.

Yep. ATSC3 a mess. Submitted Diags.

Is ATSC3 playback better with the beta from today morning?

Much much better. Dropped frames much less, and audio back to normal. Thanks!

1 Like

@tmm1 it was working better for me, I put on the newscast from an atsc 3 station. In 20 min I dropped 50 frames (should this be considered normal?) so it was much better.

Then I played an atsc 1 recording. It played fine until skipped back a couple of times and now I'm getting constant frame drops. It's about 1 every second. In 3 min I'm up to 180 dropped. I'll submit diags now. It was perfect for the atsc 1 recording until I skipped back.

Thanks for the logs. If that happens again can you try pause/resume a few times to see if that snaps it out of that state.

I did and it sure does...

Please try v11.23.1200 with possible fixes

I only see 11.22.1605 for tvos. Only got 1 email for ios testflight and not tvos as well.

I see it up there now. Much worse. Espn tve frame drops in the thousands. It crashed when I first tuned to espn. Sending diags now

Crash fix is uploading now. If the framedrops are worse still I'll change back to how it was before.