Issue with new tvos sdk build

@tmm1 I tried the new build but I had a bunch video stutter that was pretty constant. I submitted diagnostics. Then I went back to the build before the new sdk stuff and the video played normal

@AeroR1 reported something similar. Happening with all drivers.

Strangely I cannot reproduce here.

@slampman Weird your logs look different. It doesn't show any frames being dropped..

Can you guys reboot the Apple TV and see if it works okay for a bit? Maybe it starts after doing something specific like PIP?

yes, worked for a tiny bit after reboot then it gets progressively worse. diagnostics sent.

can you use any other logs from xcode or anything more specific?

@tmm1 here is a data point. the same recording with the issue, which is 720p/30 works perfectly fine when i set the apple tv video settings from 4k hdr to 720p sdr 60. it doesnt work at 1080p sdr/60. diagnostics sent on both.

i didnt try any other resolutions.

Weird. I tried some resolution changes here but I can't seem to make it drop frames.

I tried also changing the Chroma and Match Rate settings, but no luck.

I'm uploading a new testflight now which has additional logging, so please upgrade/resubmit with that and I'll see if I can figure out where the drops are coming from.

Yeah it is behaving like before you fixed it the last time. I don't think I was showing dropped frames then either. It used to feel like 24fps.content played at 30fps. Its not that bad now maybe about 1/2 as bad. Really prevalent when motion is happening with long camera pans. That actually got a lot better with the builds leading up to the new sdk one. I had to check my TV to make sure I hadn't turned on motion smoothing because the pic on ota and tve was just that good.

All my fixes are still there, and the only thing we changed was a newer xcode.

After the current upload finishes, I'll push another one with the old xcode so we can confirm that's definitely the cause.

Please send diagnostics with this build:

sent, still happening. thanks.

I just submitted diagnostics. I can upload the video to you if you want as well. It's a 1080i ota video

@slampman thanks. For @AeroR1 it was happening with default video too. Can you try that?

video: default
audio: exp
still happening, diagnostics sent

Video: default
audio: default
still happening but worse, diagnostics sent

video: exp
still happening bad like above, diagnostics sent

Yeah it was still happening for me with default. I submitted diags.

I finally managed to make a build with the old xcode, and am uploading it now as v2021.12.03.1903

Please try both 12.3.143 and 12.3.1903, and let me know if the latter is definitively better.

12.3.143:

audio: def

12.3.1903:

audio: def

What in the world..

v5.1.1 from the app store is fine for you?

You might have cross posted :blush: I think he was trying both beta versions. My wife is having a church Christmas party at our house so I can't mess with the TV but I'll try and check it later tonight and give you some feedback

1 Like

Nope. Both dvr and hdhomerun versions have the same problem. Diagnostics submitted from both.