Issue with new tvos sdk build

yes, worked for a tiny bit after reboot then it gets progressively worse. diagnostics sent.

can you use any other logs from xcode or anything more specific?

@tmm1 here is a data point. the same recording with the issue, which is 720p/30 works perfectly fine when i set the apple tv video settings from 4k hdr to 720p sdr 60. it doesnt work at 1080p sdr/60. diagnostics sent on both.

i didnt try any other resolutions.

Weird. I tried some resolution changes here but I can't seem to make it drop frames.

I tried also changing the Chroma and Match Rate settings, but no luck.

I'm uploading a new testflight now which has additional logging, so please upgrade/resubmit with that and I'll see if I can figure out where the drops are coming from.

Yeah it is behaving like before you fixed it the last time. I don't think I was showing dropped frames then either. It used to feel like 24fps.content played at 30fps. Its not that bad now maybe about 1/2 as bad. Really prevalent when motion is happening with long camera pans. That actually got a lot better with the builds leading up to the new sdk one. I had to check my TV to make sure I hadn't turned on motion smoothing because the pic on ota and tve was just that good.

All my fixes are still there, and the only thing we changed was a newer xcode.

After the current upload finishes, I'll push another one with the old xcode so we can confirm that's definitely the cause.

Please send diagnostics with this build:

sent, still happening. thanks.

I just submitted diagnostics. I can upload the video to you if you want as well. It's a 1080i ota video

@slampman thanks. For @AeroR1 it was happening with default video too. Can you try that?

video: default
audio: exp
still happening, diagnostics sent

Video: default
audio: default
still happening but worse, diagnostics sent

video: exp
still happening bad like above, diagnostics sent

Yeah it was still happening for me with default. I submitted diags.

I finally managed to make a build with the old xcode, and am uploading it now as v2021.12.03.1903

Please try both 12.3.143 and 12.3.1903, and let me know if the latter is definitively better.

12.3.143:

audio: def

12.3.1903:

audio: def

What in the world..

v5.1.1 from the app store is fine for you?

You might have cross posted :blush: I think he was trying both beta versions. My wife is having a church Christmas party at our house so I can't mess with the TV but I'll try and check it later tonight and give you some feedback

1 Like

Nope. Both dvr and hdhomerun versions have the same problem. Diagnostics submitted from both.

Not sure what's happening for you. I'm not seeing it here, nor is anyone else showing diagnostics that look like yours. Can you find a previous build inside TestFlight that works? If there's a version number that's working then I can try to figure out what changed since then.

Downloaded 11.4.1830 and that doesn’t have this problem! Only 9’dropped frames. Diagnostics submitted

Are you testing on a single ATV or is it happening on multiple? What about iOS devices with the latest beta, do those act bad too?

On a single Apple TV. The only atv that I have set to match range and refresh rate. If you recall, it only happens when the tv switches frame rate to play this 720p/30 recording.

It doesn’t happen on my iPhone or iPad Pro since that doesn’t change frame rates like a tv. Diagnostics submitted from iPad just in case