Keeps losing connection

Sleep is set to never

Okay next time the app doesn't work try clicking that link again quickly and see if it loads and how many seconds it takes.

Ok, what about the Apple TV?

Richard:

I’ve noticed that you are still posting “connection” issues in various threads.

Although the “reboots” (router and/or modem) seems temporarily fix...however, seems like only 1-3 days and then you have another issue?

If you did follow tmm1’s instructions to set reserved IP in DHCP...then, IMO, your network is root cause. Possibly network setup but more likely...either router and/or modem.

If you have “spares” that you can try, then test BUT —only swap/change 1 device - then test. Then if not helping? Go back to “original” setup and change the other device (rinse and repeat). If still no relief, then try both swaps.

Long 6-10 day process...but may get to the bottom of your connection issues.

Also, suggest that you keep listing your connection issues in this thread...rather than separate threads. It’ll be a lot easier in the end...and shows the pattern here. :grinning:

To be fair I didn’t know the red explanation symbol was the same issue
Yes I tried setting the IP address. I am going to wait until I get my nas before I investigate further. Still don’t know why the app would lose connection, not the website.

Possibly timing...

If you can move from the one failing (App) and to the Web ASAP.

If it’s OK...try the failed again...(but clear it before rerunning). Clear it by ending the APP...close it or... swipe up and kill APP (if iOS)

Thanks. Honestly I've given up trying to narrow down the issue. As long as things get recorded and I have other devices/apps I watch the content, it's not worth the hassle.

I've released an iOS and tvOS beta that improves the situation around app start that may help your situation.