Kodi Add-on

For me the hdhomerun epg doesn't populate on MacOS 11.0.1. Latest beta.

I am on Windows 10 64 bit and latest KODI and Channels APP and no guide populates for either OTA or Cable.

Same error I posted above.

I'm on the latest beta with windows 10 64 bit on the latest update. It's OTA HDHomerun.

I just tried the plugin on linux (kde neon) ( pvr plugin version 2021.09.28.2218) and local channels (hdhomerun) epg populates and works perfectly.

I am going to upgrade to the latest version of the plugin and see what happens.

UPDATE: Newest version works perfectly with epg for local channels as well. In bot cases I cleared the channel data and had it repopulate just to be sure.

Latest build v2021.10.01.2341:

Fixed guide data not loading for some channels
Fixed issues when upgrading addon on Windows and macOS

Download:

2 Likes

I am testing a new way to install and update the Kodi Addon.

1. Setup repository

• click Settings > File manager > Add source
    • click <None> and enter https://kodi.getchannels.com
    • enter channels-kodi for name, then hit OK to save
  2. Install repository

• click Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file
    • click on channels-kodi then select repository.fancybits.zip
  3. Install addon

• click Settings > Add-ons > Install from repository > Channels Add-on Repository
    • click PVR clients > Channels DVR Client > Install
9 Likes

Installing from the repo works from my Mac.

2 Likes

Installing the repository works great. Thank you. However your new build v2021.10.01.2341 still does not fix my HDHomerun OTA channels guide data. I can play the channels just fine but no guide data is present. I do have guide data for COX TVE and PLUTO. I have tried a fresh Kodi install on two separate Windows 10 64 bit computers that are fully updated.

Thank you again for working on this. Your hard work is appreciated!

2 Likes

I got guide data for my Cable Channels but not OTA.

Same here. Was waiting for a recording to end to restart the server to see if that was the problem after the update. Restarted and still no epg on Mac OS.

Used the repo, and it worked. No issues getting OTA channels (technically, I guess mine are cable channels) on my HDHomeRun Prime.

Okay it must be a bug with X.Y style channel numbers

1 Like

Repo is so much easier. You are the man @tmm1

1 Like

Repo works perfectly. Let it reinstall the add-on. Still no guide for OTA. TVE is fine.

that makes sense. I actually have a Quatro that I don't use since the signal is weak. I will add it back in and see if it works, just to verify.

I can confirm that. I added my HDHomeRun Quatro back into the system, and the channels show up, but no guide data, but I have all the data from my Primes.

1 Like

I am having the guide issue for the ota hdhomerun channels as well on the fire tv, fire stick, and Android TV. It's working fine on the Shield.

Try v2021.10.02.2200

1 Like

I haven't had any issues since the Repo. Aeon Nox Silvo skin, Win 10, 10th gen Intel laptop. Running the Channels add-on in tandem with the PlexKodiConnect add-on.

I installed the Kodi pvr client through the repo on my nvidia shield today running Matrix 19.1 and so far zero problems. It performs a lot better than the Addon built for Leia. I’ve sort of gotten used to the standard Channels UI now, so not sure which I’ll stick with but it’s nice to have options.