Kodi Add-on

Does this Channels add-on work with Kodi 20.0, Nexus?

Tried this didn't work
I am testing a new way to install and update the Kodi Addon. Setup repository click Settings > File manager > Add source click and enter https://kodi.getchannels.com enter channels-kodi for name, then hit OK to save Install repository click Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip fil…

Tried Lunatixz channels DVR Crashed Kodi

What's my next option?

The addon does not support remote access. You would need to setup Tailscale on your server and on the kodi client device, then use the tailscale IP of your DVR to be able to connect.

Note that it also doesn't support transcoding, so you would need plenty of bandwidth to be able to watch at original quality from the remote location.

1 Like

Hi
Can we expect an update of addon to work with kodi 20 nexus?
Kodi 20 nexus its already on RC2.

Thank you

1 Like

Have you tried them yet?

Support for Kodi Nexus has been added to the our official repository.

3 Likes

Is anyone running Channels add-on, on Nexus (Kodi 20)?

The transition to Nexus didn't keep the Channels add-on. The Channels add-on Repo is still there but is blank. Fancy Bits LLC - 1.2.0.

Edit...Right clicked and "checking for add-on updates" and it stays at 0%. Not sure how to start from scratch without deleting my Kodi folder?

1 Like

Try removing and readding the repository?

This worked for me yesterday.

I only have the option to disable or update. Update doesn't seem to work.

1 Like

From scratch?

1 Like

There's an uninstall button at the bottom right

I removed everything Channels from Kodi and reinstalled. Add=on and repository. Took a few minutes and everything worked.

1 Like

Do you use Channel Collections? Are they working correctly?

I got the add-on working but Collections don't seem to be correctly. Sorting by backend seems broken?

1 Like

Thanks. I went ahead and did a full reinstall. The only two add-ons I use in Kodi are Channels and PlexKodiConnect, so it isn't difficult to get everything back up and running.

@tmm1 It doesn't look like the channel numbers are showing up in the channel list. You can't sort by channel numbers or by backend order. I think the correct Channel Collections are displaying, only the sorting, because there are no numbers (they are all "0"), is the issue. Also, the Virtual Channels are showing back up. They were hidden in Matrix since they don't work anyways.

See above

All the channel numbers switch to "0" when I change to one of the Channel Collections, even after I switch the setting to "use channel numbers from backend".

edit...the numbers show up now, but the list isn't in the correct order.

1 Like

I don't use collections (yet).

2 Likes