Kodi Add-on

It crashed for me (assuming it is the same version as above). It may be because I am going over a VPN (different subnet), or possibly because I am on Win 11.

It doesn't crash for me on my Windows 10, Intel 10th gen laptop.
What changes were made vs the last one posted? Just bug fixes and crash fixes?
Can you easily fix the skip forward during time shifting? It is skipping back. Works as expected with recordings. The NextPVR add-on skips forward and back as expected in time shift mode.

Turn off VPN.

It is still crashing on my Windows 10 with Channels DVR running on a Synology 918+

vpn?

No vpn.

1 Like

I accidentally had my vpn on and it crashed Kodi during the add-on scan at startup.
No crash when I shut it off.

Interesting. I don't have a choice, since my Channels server is not hosted at my house. But I used to use the NextPVR add-on accessed through the VPN, so I don't think it is Kodi.

The NextPVR add-on and a VPN doesn't crash Kodi but the ChannelsDVR add-on does.

1 Like

Does it still crash if you go into the addon settings and disable "Automatically Discover DVR"?

In my case, that was already disabled, I disabled that, and set the IP of the DVR server.

I put in my ip rather than "Automatically Discover DVR" and it caused Kodi to crash. I put it back to automatic, and it doesn't crash.

1 Like

New build v2021.09.28.2218:

• FIXED: Crash when trying to connect by IP
  • FIXED: Seek forward was not working in live timeshifted TV
  • NEW: Support for creating recording timers from the guide (requires DVR server prerelease)

Download:

3 Likes

That one seems to work on my Windows PC. I will try and install on my 2 Shields later tonight.

1 Like

Thanks!

The skip forward is fixed.
The recordings I have setup and passes are showing up in the "Timers" section.

I can't get the guide to start a timer or record? The option is there but it doesn't record and future recordings aren't marked and they don't show up in the "Timers" list?

1 Like

Did you right click and select Record?

Or if you select Add Timer, make sure you switch the type to Manual Job

I was using my remote so I tried the 3 options with that. Record in the guide menu, Manual add timer in the guide menu and the record symbol in the on screen display.

Saw your post and tried the right click with the mouse. Added timer, manual, and still no luck.

I even tried to record from a reminder. The reminder itself worked, but when the reminder pops up and I select record, it still doesn't work.

I tried again and it's working for me, so we must be doing something different.

I was testing with guide items in the future. Are you doing that too, or trying to record something already playing?

I tried a combination of both.
What source are you using? I tried TVE and Pluto.
I will try again with some other sources.
Thanks again.