Last channel/guide focus not working

One of the recent beta updates for TVOS/iOS said it fixed guide focus to be on the last channel played. After updating, it still doesn't seem to be focusing on the last channel played.

Could you describe your interaction where you don't see it working?

Please provide the steps to help us re-produce it.

If I tune to channel 201 from the grid guide and then navigate away from 201 to say channel 285 using the quick guide or channel surfing and then exit 285 back to the grid guide, the guide is focused back on 201 instead of 285 which I just exited. If I repeat these same steps using On Now instead of the grid guide, focus isn't working there either. As a side note, I've been using Channels for several years now, and I don't think guide focus has ever worked properly in the grid guide. It has worked well when using On Now (until the latest beta update).

1 Like

Great! Thanks. I can reproduce this. We'll look at it.

1 Like

The latest update seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the quick work!

2 Likes

I have the same problem going on with picture in picture on. It will go back two channels ago instead of the recent channel that is playing.

1 Like

Same here :point_up_2:

Looks like same problem here with latest test flight… When in guide with PiP, going to a channel full screen and then returning to the guide the focus in the guide will not be the channel you just had full screen, but rather a channel that you had full screen before. Let me try an example.

Example: Guide focus FX, go to FX full screen, return to guide (FX in PiP but focus is on ABC which is what I had full screen before FX). So guide now focus ABC, go to ABC full screen, return to guide (ABC in PiP but focus is way back to FX).

1 Like

I just started having this issue when I updated Channels app for Apple TV. Also happens with the On Now guide. When PIP is enabled it happens, but not when it's disabled.

Yup not fun at all.

Yes, this is an issue only when PIP is in use. I'll take a look at it, but PIP on tvOS is REAL weird and affects Focus on tvOS, and that's what's happening here.

1 Like

Please, please! This is one bug that’s hard to live with. Thanks.

1 Like

I'd be happy to sponsor this to help with motivation!

I know what you mean...This has been driving me insane since it started happening...even to the point where I've been looking for an alternative to use until this is fixed.

2 Likes