LinkPi encoder family

i think this may be deeper than just 8090. Screenshot below - unless I'm doing something wrong, this should work, i would think (trying opening an rtsp network stream):

WOOHOO - I got it back.

I flashed back to the oldest possible firmware version ( 2.1.0 build 20230426 )
I did nothing but disable the ex-HTTP streaming, assign network values / turn on DHCP, and change the default password. I won't even fiddle with the time sync - don't think i care.

Boom. Works right away.

I may try to update firmware after communicating with the support guys, but at least I'm back in business for now.

2 Likes

aaaaaand I was able to immediately break it, doing nothing but changing the encode settings (i.e. to AVBR 59.94fps etc).

Good news - I backed up the post-refresh working config, restored that on top of the broken state, rebooted, and was back in business. So this absolutely looks like a software issue only!

UPDATE - good news!!!!

Another great finding - i can flip this from broken to working by setting fps to 59.94 (broken) to 30 or 60. This makes sense given i was trying to "fix" my screen redraws earlier.

The bitrate and rate control settings don't appear to be an issue. I can change those without worry.

Here are the settings I have ran since January. Have done firmware upgrades without fail. Glad you got it back.

1 Like

Thanks. Best guess is that it doesn't like the decimal. Not the best way to handle it in software, but at least we have a culprit now.

Glad to here it is back running...Like I said in an earlier post "It's Magic". Sometimes I feel like I should get some fairy dust to blow on it when things get strange... :slightly_smiling_face:

I was running encode settings like @Jim_FL but moved to @turtletank sugestion from Post #3.
As I documented in the post below I had lots of issues with the -1 framerate messing up the Mix Output. The documentation says it expects a number between 1-60. It was weird because I never saw an issue with the single output streams just in the Mix output.
Here is a link to that post if interested.

I am on the 5port unit so not sure if it would do the same on the other units.

That's a great catch! To hopefully give you some confidence it is a software issue, I tried to replicate your challenge on my LinkPi ENC5 V2, newest firmware. I started a live stream on HDMI5, connected with VLC with no issue. I then stopped stream, set frame rate to 59.94, and the stream was dead in VLC. When I reverted back, to my previous setting of -1 for frame rate, all was well.

New firmware out:

Standard version: Modify the interactive logic of the title search box and no longer pop up the search box.
Standard version: title search function, new search result keyword highlighting
Standard version: Remove the network input option on the encoding page, and set the network input on the decoding page.
Standard Edition: Fixed the problem that after turning off DHCP in the network settings, there is still a probability of automatically obtaining an IP.
Classic version: The video mixing page corrects the problem that the video channel may not be switched when switching layouts.
System underlying optimization

1 Like

Upgrade completed on all units. No issues. Very satisfied with these units.

3 Likes

I've come back around a little after my simple, preventable, issue. I'll feel fully better when i get a real response from the support guys, but I'm back in business.

2 Likes

Hi. Just wondering if anyone is using the Link Pi ENC1-V3 for doing remote live streams of sporting events? By this I mean running a camcorder feed into the encoder, connecting it to a remote 4G/5G hotspot and broadcasting remotely to YT?

@VideoMa You'll have the best luck there if you have the Link Pi stream via SRT to OBS running somewhere on a reliable connection, and have that broadcast to YouTube. If you google for how to use SRT and OBS it should point you in the right direction.

Deal alert, I think - $263

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CGM1Y56H/?coliid=I1X2IUMIUAT0PR&colid=1L118Z3ZGYC45&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1 Like

That's tempting at that price but I'm a bit unclear on the consensus of the 5 channel device - does anyone have that one and a URaycoder - how do they compare? (I have 2 URaycoders) Has anyone had an error free experience with the 5 channel device after proper setup?

I have one of the 5 Channels ones and it has been great. I have two of the spots occupied and have had no complaints. I also recently helped a coworker set one up at his family's bar. He has all of the ports occupied and has not had any issues.

My Amazon account shows a coupon for an extra 10% off, making it about $238. And this one ships from Amazon so no slow delivery from China. My ENC5 v2 has been great and this deal is about $80 less than what I paid.

If you were thinking of joining the LinkPi Club and are in the market for multi port, this is a crazy good deal.

Great find!

I was an early adopter, maybe the first on this forum to order an ENC5. Mine has been great with no issues so far. Never had a Uray for comparison but do have a similar (firmware, SoC) Jtech single encoder. The updated LinkPi devices (August 2023) are noticeably better performers than the Jtech. Uray has better warranty. Happy to answer any questions. Ordering the one from Amazon gives you 30 days returns.

Thanks for the replies - I bought one and it arrives tomorrow

2 Likes

Congrats. Let me know if you have any questions.

I actually just ordered one of the 5 port models and was wondering if you reported the 59.94 issue to their support? Im looking ahead trying to prevent unnecessary mode changes on my gear since everything I do is 59.94. Hoping they have at least acknowledged the issue....