LinkPi encoder family

For this, ADBTuner will give you a list of the valid package names, based on the apps you have installed. Look for the clickable link in the WebUI specifically for this purpose.

1 Like

Is this for native android clients too? I did have the firestick package name when i was using that device. I could just never get it to be reliable.

com.nbcuni.nbc.androidtv seems to work fine for the Onn player. The only issue i have is when i get this screen (screenshot below) i wish adbtuner would error out so that channels would roll on to my duplicate channel via Hulu Live. (I like the nbc app quality much better than Hulu). Another one that trips me up is the activation screen that sometimes appears over and over again.

1 Like

@bnhf was definitely right about the package name for nbc channels on a firestick. I changed it up to what he mentioned and it started working. Having said that, there would still be occasions where ADBTuner would lose connection with the firestick and so it got me curious to see how it would perform with the onn google tv 4k box and sure enough that works WAY smoother than the firestick 4k 3rd generation did! I suspect a lot of it has to do with the version of android as the firestick is running android 7 while the onn box has android 12 and ADBTuner does suggest going Android 9 or higher. So now I have everything up and running quite well!

The only other question I have is, does anyone happen to know what the link is for NBC News NOW? I tried nbctve://live/nbcnews nbctve://live/nbc-news nbctve://live/nbcnewsnow and none of these work. I also tried using the full link when you load it live in a web browser and no luck there either. Thanks!

chrome://x.x.x.x:5589/stream?url=https://www.nbc.com/live?brand=nbc-news&callsign=NBCNN

This link worked for me a few months ago.

That’s the full url (starting from http://) that I mentioned I tried, and that didn’t work either.

try nbctve://live/NBCNN

That older FireStick wouldn't support the latest WiFi standards (assuming you're using WiFi), and as you said, ADBTuner is only designed to work with Android 9 or higher.

Sadly I get the following when trying nbctve://live/NBCNN

1 Like

Since both of these issues are easy to deal with in ah4c, I went ahead and added support for NBC, both for the onn and firetv streaming sticks. Specifically, scripts/onn/nbc and scripts/firetv/nbc.

I set the timeout for a failed tune at 60 seconds, though we can play around with that on-the-fly. An e-mail will be sent on failed tune, so you'll know something is up.

Given this will be a different container, and separate Custom Channels setup, you'll be able to setup priority for one or the other. This should allow for the failover to Hulu you're looking for.

Since I knew the package names and URL, and had already tested this, it was easy to adapt some Xfinity scripts I recently did. If you decide to give this a try, let's move future discussions over to the ah4c thread.

You don't need to use this for NBC News NOW. Thats on a lot of fast services. Pluto, Xumo, Plex and Samsung has it so you can get that directly

I'd add the Channels server itself as well if you can swing it.

Absolutely, I should have mentioned that, as I have that in my EXCLUDE_GROUP too.

1 Like

New firmware out:

Standard version: Added the function of receiving push streaming in the decoding settings page, supporting authentication push streaming
Fixed the problem of WIFI being turned on by default when starting up for the first time after flashing the ENCSHV2 model
Optimized the frame synchronization function

1 Like

Has anyone loaded the new firmware on the ENC5V2 yet?

I have been running the latest 5/31/24 version with no issues for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

I'm running newest firmware too, no issues I have seen.

2 Likes

Weird, I have an older linkpi with 1.0.0 build 20220424_20389 as firmware, and I tried updating it with a later firmware but was not able. I guess I will have to do a USB update for this? It's an enc1 v2

1 Like

@Gregg_K
Glad you got the stream working...

I believe I posted this before. When I was originally updating mine I did it in a couple steps because it didn't like going straight to the newest update.

LinkPi Upgrade Download Links

For those that are lucky, the 5 port Link Pi encoder is on sale for Prime Day for $263.99

https://www.amazon.com/WayPonDEV-ENC5-V2-NDI-HDMI-Encoder/dp/B0CGM1Y56H

Make sure you check the price, I had to select the one that is shipped from Amazon to get their Prime Day deal.

3 Likes

Looks sold out

2 Likes