A few weeks ago I started having problems with live TV playback. It seems like the stream is buffering (the stream freezes and then recovers after some number of seconds, skipping ahead in the stream) and it happens every time I'm viewing, at varying intervals.
My setup is the following:
- 1 HDHR Prime, 1 HDHR Quatro
- 2 Apple TVs 4th gen, 1 HD, 1 4k
- Tuner sharing disabled
- Streaming quality set to Original
- All devices are hard-wired via gigabit ethernet
- The issue occurs on both Apple TVs using either HDHR device.
- If I reduce the in-home streaming quality from Original to 1080p the issue does not occur
- Recordings do not experience the issue
- A linux laptop, plugged into the same switch as the Apple TV, streaming from the same HDHR (on a separate tuner) using VLC does not pause when Channels on the Apple TV does.