Frequently Asked Questions

This topic will contain a table of contents

Channels DVR

How much does it cost?

Channels DVR requires a subscription plan: either $8/month or $80/year

Channels DVR subscribers get access to all the Channels apps for free as long as they maintain an active subscription.

How do I cancel my subscription?

You can manage or cancel your Channels DVR subscription at any time with a simple click on getchannels.com/account

Once you cancel your subscription, you will no longer be billled however your DVR will continue working until the end of your current billing period.

How do I fix missing guide data?

On the DVR web UI, click the circle icon under your HDHomeRun to reload guide data. This will fetch any missing channel mappings based on the data in the official SiliconDust HDHR app.

If the official HDHR app is also missing data for some channels, you can contact [email protected] with your HDHR device ID and the list of channel numbers missing data.

Alternatively, you can click the pencil icon under your HDHomeRun on the dvr web UI and add/change guide mappings per channel.

How do I update to the beta version of the DVR server?

Open the Channels DVR web UI on the PC/NAS where your DVR server is running. Hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and click the Check for Updates button. The latest beta will download and the server will upgrade automatically as soon as any recordings or playback sessions are complete.

When a new stable release is published, the DVR server will upgrade to it automatically. If a new beta is published, you will need to repeat the steps above if you want to upgrade to it.

Channels App

How do I restart the app?

On the Apple TV Siri remote, click that TV/Home button twice and then swipe up on the Channels app.

On iPhone/iPad, click the Home button twice and then swipe up.

On FireTV, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Channels > Force Stop

How do I fix missing sound or static noises on FireTV?

In the app, go to Settings > Player and set Surround Sound to Off.

How do I install the app on multiple FireTVs?

Visit https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps and use Actions > Deliver to... to send the Channels app to each of your FireTV devices.

HDHomeRun

Which HDHomeRun model is recommended with an antenna?

We recommend the HDHomeRun Connect Duo or Quatro, depending on how many channels you plan to record/watch at the same time.

We do not recommend the Extend, as the hardware transcoder is quite limited and the newer chipset in the Connect Duo/Quatro is a better value for your money.

What is the ideal network setup for my HDHomeRun?

For best results, ensure that your HDHomeRun has a static DHCP reservation on your router.

Plug the HDHomeRun, Channels device and Channels DVR PC/NAS into the same physical switch/router using high-quality Cat6 cables.

Instead of plugging devices directly into your router, we recommend buying an inexpensive gigabit switch and plugging everything into that, then plugging the switch into your router. The switches built into most routers are usually not of very great quality.

How do I capture a video sample to troubleshoot player issues?

First, look up the IP address of your HDHomeRun tuner by visiting my.hdhomerun.com and right-click copy url on your HDHomeRun.

Next find the channel number of the channel that is having playback issues.

Finally, use the IP and CHANNEL to enter the following URL into Chrome to download a sample:

http://IP:5004/auto/vCHANNEL?duration=30

So for example if your HDHomeRun IP is 192.168.1.9 and the channel is 102 then the URL will be:

http://192.168.1.9:5004/auto/v102?duration=30

Documentation/Help needed
pinned globally #4

closed #5