LMN missing from Philo

Just signed up for Philo and singed in and sync.
LMN is missing from the Channels app. Lifetime is in the guide.
Looking at the logs, I don't see that it attempted to connect.
I went to the site and was able to login.

Thoughts

Best regards

LMN is not a currently supported channel. At present, the only A+E Networks channels supported are A&E, History, Lifetime, and FYI.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I wonder if it can be added via the M3U playlist. I will have to read on how to use it.

If my wife cannot watch, then this app will not work.
Trying to keep everything in one app.

Best regards,

What is the url where you can login and watch live?

Hi TMM1,
Thanks for he quick reply.

I logged in the mylifetime.com/LMN. But I did not verify that I could watch the show from their schedule.
When I click on the Live tv, it was the Lifetime schedule running.

So, I clearly should have verified that I actually see the show.

I know more on what to check now. Again, I appreciate you quick reply.

Best regards

1 Like

I'm missing LMN on Channels-DVR as well with Philo. LMN is also on Hulu

As far as I'm aware, LMN does not have a live stream on their website. If you can watch LMN live on their website, which URL are you using?

Ah, so the "TV Everywhere" API is being done per network provider and not through the subscription provider's API. So the list of channels is an amalgamation of each channel providers live channels from each site? How does that play into screen limitations and such? I somehow missed that part in researching this.

There is a rather thorough support article here:

I did miss that somehow. Reading that link it is still not clear, to me, that LMN and others may not be available. In order for me to see what exactly is available would mean I would need to know which provider owns which channels and then peruse the list of channels from their direct site streams which in turn is pretty difficult due to the fact the TV Everywhere API may be standardized, but a listing of available channels via that API (without an existing subscription) doesn't seem to accurately exist.

If I follow the link provided I'm eventually taken to Streamable https://thestreamable.com/tv-everywhere-apps from that link it shows Lifetime as TV Everywhere (no exclusion of LMN there) and if I click on Lifetime itself https://thestreamable.com/tv-everywhere-apps/lifetime-app the implication is that LMN IS provided for TVE. Or am I misreading things?

Or, you could have searched the forums, as this information has already been compiled:

Two things: The information at The Streamable has been out of date for some time, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Secondly, while LMN may be available to stream in their app, but that does not mean their stream is available via their website. Also, many networks have access to their libraries via an app or website, but not a live stream of linear programming. Many networks only offer VOD/archived content in their apps.

You seem to be a very active member and advocate for Channels, which I'm glad there are folks like you on here. However, Channels officially points at streamable as " Read here to see which TV networks each streaming provider supports via the TV Everywhere system." From what I'm able to glean from this conversation is that Channels DVR is a collection of URLs for each channel with auth through a OTT for each of those providers. I had thought about digging into the bolt DB but hadn't done so. Now I'm really curious and feel like I might want to poke around in there.

Each network that Channels supports via its TV Everywhere support has a URL to a stream of that network's live linear feed. Networks that do not have a live feed on their website or that can be addressed via a static URL will not work. Channels supports both streams that participate in the TV Everywhere single sign-on (SSO) system that users your cable/satellite/OTT provider credentials, as well as available free-to-stream feeds found on the internet. (The free streams that do not require credentials/authentication to access are found on channels 6700 and above.)

There are many different projects that allow you to do so. A quick search on GitHub pulled up everything from a web-based client, a CLI browser, as well as a FUSE client to mount the DB as a file system. If you choose to explore, I recommend using a copy of your database.

Since thestreamable has become so unreliable, we have removed those links from our site.

We're experimenting with a new page that conveys availability information and hopefully makes things more clear: https://getchannels.com/docs/channels-dvr-server/tv-everywhere/availability/

4 Likes

According to that, Sling is pretty good offering it seems.
It has 15 of the 20 channels that i use Xfinity for.
Better, for my needs, then Vidgo.

But, i thought most folks here say Sling is terrible for TVE support...?
They also have 2 packages, so not sure if your site is combining the two. (like Blue is missing Disney channels?)

What happened to LMN? I do not see it on any of my TVE sources.
Was there a while ago.
My mother cranky that she can't watch her LMN movies now and could before.

i can login and stream the channel find here:
https://www.mylifetime.com/mvpd-auth?redirect_url=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.mylifetime.com%2Flive

EDIT: Whelp, the site says LMN, but the Live TV link then loads Lifetime channel, which is different programing.

IIRC, LMN only offers on-demand content, and that is why it does not integrate with Channels' TVE support.

Channels has never listed LMN as a channel via TV Everywhete.

Nope. it is a LIVE TV channel. I posted the link before. Can log in via TVE Philo or Xfinity, AND it is a channel offered in the Philo app.
The TVE stream matches the Philo live TVE stream.

Wrong. It has been a TVE channel since i first setup Channels years ago.
My mother, has dozens of recordings from Channels DVR saved from LMN. Ch 6047

Only noticed it recently that it was gone, since my mother, the only one who care or watches that channel, came back home form a extended stay in hospital.

Perhaps the live stream is now DRM protected? And that is why it was removed? But i have not seen any official confirmation of that.

As of now, it does not even show up when u use the Edit function to show all TVE channels for the source. Have not tried a rescan yet, but hesitate to do that should it mess up something or loose more channels. EDIT: Did scan for new channels and it did not appear to do anything. the dialog box just went away.

They have a guide page for LMN

I never watched the channel, but seem to remember it being in Channels DVR last winter.
Nobody that I know of keeps track of channels added/removed, except for the devs maybe.

Only mention of channel 6047 I could find searching is from last November here.

1 Like

Yea. My guess is that LMN must have removed their online web stream at some point around that time. And thus was removed from Channels. Since I can’t seem to find anything other than the normal Lifetime web stream.