Local channel suddenly remapped to another market

My local NBC station, channel 6000 (via Spectrum and Hulu+ Live source with TV Everywhere enabled) has suddenly changed to another market. Nothing changed here but all of a sudden the mapping changed. I've tried rescanning and still I'm getting a Texas affiliate. I'm in CA.

NBC uses geo-location service to figure out where your Internet IP address is.
Happened to me too.
If you're not using a VPN or the like, probably NBC's fault.

The oddity is, my ABC,CBS, PBS locals are all correct - Only the NBC affiliate is wrong. So I'm not sure the geo-location service is the cause. I'm don't have a VPN enabled. Using Win10 and Chrome.

Go to their web page and see what you can stream live with your login.

Submit diagnostics and email support

Going to nbc live also shows the same wrong station.
I tried Spectrum as provider and then changed provider to Hulu - both are showing the TX and not the CA affiliate.

I have submitted email and diags to support

This is a strong indicator that NBC is having geolocation problems. Assuming that is the case, Channels likely won’t be able to do anything to fix this.

yes u may be right. Its strange that the mapping suddenly changed without anything else happening on my end. I can still get my local NBC California afil with my HDHR ... so its easy to workaround - but very strange - Jacksonville TX? LOL

That was my exact issue. See my original thread here.

The nbc.com server controls which stream you get and there's nothing we can do about it.

oddly the Spectrum stream app does shows the correct local. hmmm

The Spectrum App doesn't use the NBC site for its feed.

AH. That explains it. I just checked and the NBC app is also showing the wrong local. Is there any contact at the NBC side where you can report wrong mappings?

Have you bothered to check NBC's site? At the page's footer is a "Contact Us" link, which seems to be the same base URL when you follow their help center links to location issues.

(You do have to put forward some effort as part of community support ... you can't expect everyone else to do everything for you.)

Thank you

You also can try Locast.org since they use geolocation you can see if it's you or NBC.

They probably don't use the same geolocation javascript code that NBC does. Even if they did they may interpret the results different.

When I had the issue the geolocation code was identifying my correct zip code, but NBC obviously didn't use it.

Usually based on network or Wi-Fi not zip.

Correct, based on many factors depending on the javascript code, but the end result they use is your zip/postal code.